Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1ob1
Paper Tape
Views: 369
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad Y500 Keys (Broken, Poor design)

Hello Lenovo Community,

I currently have a Lenovo Y500 Ideapad. I personally love the processing power of my laptop and have found it to satisfy most of my needs. The problem I seem to be having is with the quality of the keyboard. After about a month after purchase, one of my keys (the F key) seemed to have fallen off. I noticed after examining it that the plastic that holds the keys on simply snapped off (about 5mm of cheap plastic to hold the keys on). I sent it in and have recieved a whole new keyboard within a week. 3 weeks later and my S key has broken again. I do have warranty on it but it is a pain to sendit in EVERY 3 weeks to get a single key fixed. I was wondering if this was simply my bad luck or poor Lenovo keyboard design. I am considering returning my computer or scrapping it to get a new one with better quality. 

Someone let me know if it's just me that is experience this or if Lenovo has serious issues with their key design.

Sincerely,

Angry Lenovo Customer.

1ob1
Paper Tape
Views: 326
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad Y500 Keys (Broken, Poor design)

Still no Response, Anyone?

vivizio
Paper Tape
Views: 255
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad Y500 Keys (Broken, Poor design)

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as user from previous post.

My notebook Idepad Z510 is 1 month old. I was using it till now, for 7 days.

1 key fell off first day of use ... I put it back very slow with precision. It was ok. Then after some days of usage 2 more keys fell off. I put them back also. But today my "keydown" fell off and hole, that holds the key, is broken.

I called repair service, authorized for Lenovo in Slovenia, and they told me, that this is not in warranty and that I can't buy just one key, but I will need to buy a whole new keyboard.

I can't imagine, that 4 tiny holes, surrounded with 1/6 mm of tiny plastic, will hold whole key, on 4 sharp aluminum holders, for months or years? It's seems to me like joke.

I work with computers for 20 years and I never broke any key before in whole life!

I am asking you, if this problem really can't be fixed by warranty? Why user from previous post could fix it by warranty?

Sincerely,
Miha

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors