Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lewty
Paper Tape
Views: 277
Message 1 of 1

Ideapad Y500 Wifi issues

Ok, So.... heres the story...

My unit shipped with a Intel 2230-N (I believe thats the model, I dont have it handy... After doing my research, and trying to figure out why everything would "lock up" when playing games (Loss of connection to the servers/dropped signal) I came to realize that it was the card. I remedied this by using a USB wireless N adapter and it worked fine. No lock ups. Well, why have an internal slot for a wifi card if I have to use a USB one, right??? So, after much grief.... I listed to the parts site what was able to be put into this laptop due to THEIR locked BIOS..... Only one other card was available. The Broadcom BCM4313 Wireless N card. I bought it. The drivers provided on Lenovos website are horrible..... I get into my game, and instantly it locks up, and am booted from everything. I loose connection to my router. So, heres my question....

What am i to do??? The laptop is not that old. I have to use the windows drivers for the Broadcom chip if I want to do anything.... but the signal is horrible. Should I just get a external wireless card and say F-It? Maybe someone could point me in another direction.... Different drivers.... The ones that Lenovo links are worthless....

Thank you for reading this,

Brian

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors