Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-03-2013

Maryland

3 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 1 of 1

Ideapad Y510 keyboard issues: left and right shift keys producing bizarre characters

2013-04-03, 6:06 AM

I know this issue has been reported in other network blogs but no one ever seems to have an answer except one

fellow who states he found a driver on the support.lenovo.com site but his link doesn't work!  Simply put, under

Windows 7/64-bit (and booting DOS which I tried too), the left and right shift keys on my Lenovo Ideapad Y510

produce odd characters like {}'s and |'s when pressed.  Yes I have actually replaced the keyboard, both old and new

produce this issue.  This seems like a BIOS issue somehow, smart keyboard.  I inherited this unit from one of our

users, I know it originally ran a pre-installed Vist 32bit installation but had WIn7 when I got it.  I have reinstalled

Windows 7 and obtained  compatible card reader and ACPI drivers and added the ATK hot keys drivers before and

after I had this issue (that I recall).  Is this a special BIOS behaviour for the shift keys that there is a special Windows

keyboard driver to handle? The unit is running the latest BIOS from the support website (I re-burned it just in case).

The system works perfectly in every other way, would be ashame to toss it just over this one issue. Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms