Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LALAN
Punch Card
Views: 703
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad Y510 screen not moving upward

I have ideapad Y510-7758-42Q laptop from last 1 years or so and now the big problem that I am facing is that whenever I want to open the laptop and start moving the monitor screen upward, it strucks in between about 20^ and not going enough i.e. about 90 degrees axis to operate. It seems that the moving screws got jammed and due to that its of sudden stops getting movement. This is looking big designing problem  for screen movement and lenovo should take this into consideration for other laptops.Right now I am seeking help to short out this problem as lenovo service centre is quite distance from where I live and lenovo customer support person told me to take back this to service center  is the only solution for this.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Lalan.

LALAN
Punch Card
Views: 652
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad Y510 screen not moving upward

Thank you lenovo support for not giving any answer to my question for so long time.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 649
Message 3 of 4

LALAN wrote:

Thank you lenovo support for not giving any answer to my question for so long time.

While there are a few Lenovo employees roaming around in here helping out on a volunteer basis, this is not an official support channel with dedicated Lenovo support personnel assigned to it. Instead, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of the Lenovo employees as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Retired Guru
Views: 573
Message 4 of 4

This is a common problem for Y510 - it's hinges are defective most times. You need to bring it to Service Centre to fix. it's a warranty case.

//help will save the world

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors