Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marco96
Blue Screen Again
Views: 308
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad Y510p Several problems

Hello Lenovo,

This is my first post on this forum. If I did anything wrong please attendeed me. And my English is not the best.

My Lenovo Ideapad Y510p have I bought on 26-09-13. It is just a realy nice laptop and has a lot power.

But after using it for sometime I have encountered several problems and at this moment it is so problematic I can not use it properly.

The first problems I found where when I shut down the laptop I get the last seconds an error message, this problem is not coming up the last time (maybe now fixed?).

The second problem was the update to windows 8.1. After updating my second videocard didn't work any more. I found the solution here and it worked. But after sometime time it gave the problem my laptop didn't boot properly, I get a blackscreen and not even the Lenovo logo showed up. After turning the laptop on and off for several times I got a bluescreen. It sad: some boot files are missing. I used the backup key next to the power port and i put it to manufacturing settings. I lost many personal and business files because the backup I did make didn't work. It is something I can not turn back so I need to live with it. But after putting it back to windows 8 and then updating to windoows 8.1 the problems still occured. This means all work and lost files I did with no result. So at this moment every time I boot my pc I first need to turn it on and off for more than 10 times and remove the videocard and put it back to get it finally work. Also is my windows not activated and I can not activate it. So every time I do get a lightblue screen of windows telling me to go to pc settings, to activate windows.

The hardware problem I encountered is that the plastic bezel at the left top is letting loose.

I realy would like to know what Lenovo can do for me, and if I maybe could get a new one with not those problems.

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) converted to link(s) About Posting Pictures In The Forums

Guru
Views: 275
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad Y510p Several problems

You are having a lot of problems. I would advice sending your laptop to Lenovo for repairs.

Just contact the Technical support in your country and send it in. Sorry but there isnt much solution with all those problems apart from maybe updating drivers and VBIOS update for your card.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors