Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bw277
Blue Screen Again
Views: 300
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad Y510p USB ports not working

I have an Ideapad y510p (Windows 8.1) , and my usb ports have stopped working. I know for the fact that the two on the left side of the laptop are physically broken, so I understand why they don't work (they've been like that for a while). However, yesterday, the usb port on the right side of the laptop stopped working too. From what I can tell, its not physically broken like the othher two are, but I can't figure out how to fix it. So far I've tried:

1. Restarting my computer.

2. Scanning for usb driver updates in device manager.

3. Deleting the usb drivers from the deice manager and restarting my computer.

4. Using the Windows 8.1 troublshooting program.

None of these have worked. Does anybody have any other suggestions of what to try? If it is actually broken, does anybody know how much it might cost to get my ports fixed or how I would go about doing it myself? Thanks for any replies.

neoimmortal711
What's DOS?
Views: 76
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad Y510p USB ports not working

I've had this problem before with other computers when the USB pins are shorting out and touching the top or bottom of the port housing.  I am having this problem with my Lenovo y510p and I think that is my case too, but no time to look at it yet.  

I am also interested to know if anyone knows if they can be replaced or if I have to replace the motherboard.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors