Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frederique94
Paper Tape
Views: 159
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad Y510p adapter suddenly stopped working

Last night I ran into a problem concerning my ability to charge my laptop. After my laptop had restarted itself (probably because of a windows update) my battery was close to dying. But when I plugged in the adapter, sadly there was no sign of it actually charging my battery.

Of course the first thing I did was check if all the cables were actually plugged in, which they were. I also checked the forums to see if anyone else had this problem and I tried unplugging the adapter, removing the battery and holding the power button for ~30 seconds. Unfortunately, this didn't work for me.

Since my battery is nearly empty I cannot really try to install anything to help solve this problem, as has been suggested on this forum to other users.

I wouldn't mind buying a new adapter, but since it so suddenly stopped working I'm wondering if the adapter is even the problem. I had been able to succesfully charge my battery only a few hours before this problem occured. Also I haven't noticed any sparks/smoke/anything that is a clear indicator that something isn't right, coming from the ac.

I apologise if this question has been asked before. Any help would be kindly appreciated!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 131
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad Y510p adapter suddenly stopped working

It would be pretty easy to test the voltage output of the adapter with a volt/multimeter.   It should be putting out about 19.5 volts DC.

Do any light on the laptop come on when you plug in the adapter?

Good Luck,

Frederique94
Paper Tape
Views: 127
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad Y510p adapter suddenly stopped working

Hello! Thank you for your reply!

There are no lights whatsoever that turn on when I plug in the adapter. I do not own a volt-/multimeter so I cannot check it right now, but I'll ask around to see if I can borrow one and test it out once I've found one, thanks for the tip!

Top Kudoed Authors