Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frederique94
Paper Tape
Views: 166
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad Y510p adapter suddenly stopped working

Last night I ran into a problem concerning my ability to charge my laptop. After my laptop had restarted itself (probably because of a windows update) my battery was close to dying. But when I plugged in the adapter, sadly there was no sign of it actually charging my battery.

Of course the first thing I did was check if all the cables were actually plugged in, which they were. I also checked the forums to see if anyone else had this problem and I tried unplugging the adapter, removing the battery and holding the power button for ~30 seconds. Unfortunately, this didn't work for me.

Since my battery is nearly empty I cannot really try to install anything to help solve this problem, as has been suggested on this forum to other users.

I wouldn't mind buying a new adapter, but since it so suddenly stopped working I'm wondering if the adapter is even the problem. I had been able to succesfully charge my battery only a few hours before this problem occured. Also I haven't noticed any sparks/smoke/anything that is a clear indicator that something isn't right, coming from the ac.

I apologise if this question has been asked before. Any help would be kindly appreciated!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 138
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad Y510p adapter suddenly stopped working

It would be pretty easy to test the voltage output of the adapter with a volt/multimeter.   It should be putting out about 19.5 volts DC.

Do any light on the laptop come on when you plug in the adapter?

Good Luck,

Frederique94
Paper Tape
Views: 134
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad Y510p adapter suddenly stopped working

Hello! Thank you for your reply!

There are no lights whatsoever that turn on when I plug in the adapter. I do not own a volt-/multimeter so I cannot check it right now, but I'll ask around to see if I can borrow one and test it out once I've found one, thanks for the tip!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors