cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 7,774

Question

After installing Windows 7 - 64 bit OS on Lenovo IdeaPad Y530, the Veriface and EasyCapture software does not work - cannot find the camera?

Answer

The Y530 camera drivers for Win 7 64 bit version need to be downloaded and installed from the Lenovo support website. 

Y430 Win 7 64bit drivers are also released

If you are having trouble and need to do a manual install... 

Locate the .inf file for the driver that you want to install, manually install the new driver. To do this, follow these steps:

- click start, right-click computer, and then click properties.in the tasks pane, click device manager.
- if you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click continue.
- in device manager, locate the device for which you want to install the driver.

note to display hidden devices, click show hidden devices on the view menu.
- right-click the device, and then click update driver software.
- click browse my computer for driver software, click let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, and then click have disk.

- in the install from disk dialog box, click browse, locate an .inf file for the device driver that you want to install, and then click open.
- follow the steps in the update driver software devicename dialog box to update the driver

Was this information helpful?