Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adonanonymous
Paper Tape
Views: 669
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad Y530 wireless is intermittent and inconsistent

The wireless on my Ideapad Y530 seems to be very inconsistent. It intermittently connects to my wireless router but drops the majority of the time. Often it: (1) can't find any wireless network connections (including mine) (2) connects to my network, but states that it has "No Internet access" or (3) it says it's connected, it has internet access, but it's very slow. When I ping a site in the cmd prompt, the connection is slow or there's packet loss. Of course, when I connect it to my wireless router via ethernet cable, internet access and speed is fine and consistent. It's the wireless that is giving me trouble.

It's the Ideapad Y530, running Windows Vista, 32-bit, with the Inte WiFi Link 5100 AGN (Driver Version 12.4.3.9). All other drivers are up to date. I'm trying to connect to my Linksys WRT54G. I also have a Range Extender (WRE54G). I have 2 other laptops (a Toshiba M4 and a Dell Inspiron 6400) that connects to the wireless router and extender just fine. I've tried disabling/enabling wireless network connection, disabling/enabling the wireless network adapter, uninstalling the wireless network adapter, reseting my Linksys WRT54G router, removing the WEP encryption from the router, deleting and re-adding the wireless profile, and modifying the Intel adapter settings. Often some combination of these make it work for  couple minutes, and then it's back to being slow or lost connection.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-a 

Highlighted
7upz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 661
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad Y530 wireless is intermittent and inconsistent

im having the same problem with my Y450 wireless connection with internet

It somtimes can connect to the internet but there is no internet connection have try several ways to solve this problem but it always come back at unsuspected times.

Can i look for the dealer for a one on one exchange or i should call up the service centre

Im now lost of ideas...pls help

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals