Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venexiano
Paper Tape
Views: 326
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad Y570 4 fast beeps every now and then

Dear all, my laptop works fine but every now and then it does 4 very loud beeps, very fast, I would say within 1 second or less. This happened a few months ago, it never happened until last weeks, in the last 8 days it did it probably 6 times. Any suggestions? it is very annoying. Alberto
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 300
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad Y570 4 fast beeps every now and then

hi Alberto,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Just to verify, does the 4 loud beep sound occur before you boot into Windows? Or does it happen only when you're inside Windows?

If it happens outside of Windows, it's probably a loose or faulty hardware. What I would do first is to reseat the PC components like memory, HDD, WLAN card, etc. and run a diagnostic on the hardware.

If the beeping sound happens inside of Windows and comes out of the speakers, try to:

1. Perform a clean boot to isolate if there are programs that are configured to play a beeping sound

2. Open Event Viewer (click start, type Event Viewer) and look under Custom Views > Administrative Events for possible errors that's causing the computer to beep.

Spoiler
event.png

Let me know your findings

Cheers 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors