cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheGentleman
Paper Tape
Views: 624
Message 1 of 6

Ideapad Y570 Nvidia GPU Glitching No Code 43....

I have a Ideapad Y570.

Recently attempting to use the Nvidia 555M GPU, lines begin jumping accross the screen & the program using the GPU tends to crash.  

I've tried:

Wiping drivers completely with driversweeper & reinstalling     - no result

Used SFC scannow to repair basic registry errors, Defragmented, CCleaner to remove deadend registry sets

Tested with OCCT by installing, and using the necessary nvidia control panel settings to make it test the 555M instead of the Intel    -     It complete failed the test reading errors immediately

I ended up using O.K.R. to do a factory install, and upgraded to all recommended drivers with self-initiated restarts instead of program shortcutted restarts just to make sure it wasn't  having issues from the program's shutdown
-  no result

No code 43 is present (indicates total hardware failure) but I'm pretty sure if I try to use it it may acquire that reading? I have everything set to performance &  adjusted power setting to prevent overclocking and 99% or less performance. (nothing is set to 100%)

My warranty is still active, & I'll probably end up calling the repair/servicing number but any thoughts about if there is anything else that may be worth trying?

Thanks for any thoughts even if you just tell me to call for warranty service.

TheGentleman

cbautis2
Bit Torrent
Views: 598
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ideapad Y570 Nvidia GPU Glitching No Code 43....

How's the GPU temperature?

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
TheGentleman
Paper Tape
Views: 587
Message 3 of 6

The 555M GPU temp starts at around 40'C and doesn't get past 67'C before the driver has an "error" stops functioning and "recovers". Thats why I'm pretty sure it's a hardware failure, it just hasn't finished failing drastically enough to get a device manager code 43 label yet.
cbautis2
Bit Torrent
Views: 579
Message 4 of 6

Just some out of blue thought: maybe the power supply is wearing out. If you have a 150 watt 3rd party power brick, you can try and see if it makes a difference.

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
TheGentleman
Paper Tape
Views: 565
Message 5 of 6

My sister's boyfriend has a lenovo with a compatible power brick, and I tried another atr my college tech support center. Neither made a difference with or without a battery in place. Still not working Smiley Sad

TheGentleman
Paper Tape
Views: 540
Message 6 of 6

Well, it looks like there is nothing I can do to fix it without having the computer repaired. I'll call the service number in a few weeks after exams and file a service claim. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

The Gentleman

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors