Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mateos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 321
Message 1 of 6

Ideapad Y700-15ISK - Mouse is still powered when the laptop is turned off

Hello,

I noticed that while my Ideapad Y700-15IS  is turned off, my mouse is still powered (it is a laser one, the laser is still up).

It is an old Microsoft mouse, a Basic Optical Mouse v2.1.

It is possible over connected stuff too, but no way to notice (headset, ...).

I tried it on the 17" equivalent model of a friend, the mouse wasn't powered...

Any idea what could be wrong?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 314
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ideapad Y700-15ISK - Mouse is still powered when the laptop is turned off

Hello and welcome,

It may be that nothing is wrong.  You laptop may have an "always-on" USB port that can be used for charging external devices.

You might try using another port, or checking BIOS to see if there's an option to turn off that feature.

I'm having trouble finding documentation that addresses this, so the above is just a guess.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 300
Message 3 of 6

@Mateos wrote:

I noticed that while my Ideapad Y700-15IS  is turned off, my mouse is still powered (it is a laser one, the laser is still up).

This depends on what power state your laptop is in when it is "off":

(1) If your laptop is sleeping, the mouse and keyboard are supposed to remain alive, so that you can wake the system by moving the mouse or pressing a key on the keyboard.  Opening the lid does this too.

(2) If your laptop is hibernating or completely shut down, all devices are powered off, and the mouse, keyboard, and lid cannot be used to wake the system.

If you want to use sleep, but don't want to wake the system using the mouse and/or keyboard, go to Windows "Device Manager", view the properties of those devices, select the "Power Management" tab, and deselect "Allow this device to wake the computer".

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 269
Message 4 of 6

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Mateos !

Although the User Guide and Hardware Maintenance Manual for your model doesn't mention an "always on" USB port for charging USB devices, your model's PSREF specifications shows the USB 2.0 port is available for a "power charge."  So there is nothing wrong with your system.  Here is that PSREF for your reference.....

http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/IdeaPad_Y700

Usually with "always on" USB ports there should be an option in the Lenovo Settings app to disable it.  Just go into Lenovo Settings and click on the battery icon in the left menu.  A new screen will open on the right and scroll down to see if there is a Always On USB option to disable.  Otherwise, just move your mouse over to another USB port. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Mateos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 242
Message 5 of 6

Good evening,

Sorry to replay so late; I don't often restart my laptop, so I had not the chance yet to try the BIOS option.

It was that always-on option, I've turned it off through that Lenovo Settings app, and now the mouse isn't powered when the laptop is off anymore.

Thank you!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 229
Message 6 of 6

You are very welcome.  Glad to hear the issue has been resolved.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors