Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Inevergiveup
Paper Tape
Views: 1,141
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad Y710 Upgrade Question

I have recently purchased a: Lenovo IdeaPad Y710 - 40542AU

I am pretty good with computers Hardware and software aspects, but I have some general upgrade questions.

I was wondering a few things, Is it possible to upgrade my video card in the future, if so what slot type is it, and is there a list of supported cards anywhere?

Also am I allowed to under warrenty or do I have to wait until it expires/send it in?

Any input would be grateful for, thank you.

Retired Guru
Views: 1,128
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad Y710 Upgrade Question

Hello and congratulations with such an investment. As far as I know, it is not allowed for now to upgrade officially your videocard. Making that on your own risk is way too risky, since there're tons of nuances in mobile video upgrade. I just suggest, that upgrade will be available at the moment of Y730 launch - I suggest that model will be powered ny new generation of videochips and I think that they will be compatible with Y710 desighn. Remember that's not official point of view, it's not even close - it's just my own thoughts and suggestions. Can't get your warranty question. What is it about?
//help will save the world
Inevergiveup
Paper Tape
Views: 1,107
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad Y710 Upgrade Question

Like I said just for future reference.

I play PC games sometimes on my sparetime and each game that comes out has greater and greater requirements. I don't want my computer to get too far out of date hardware wise, so any way I can prolong the time of having my pc up to date the better.

I know it's a laptop and will never be a super PC with a GFORCE 8800GTS SLI input. But the more up to date the better.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors