Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trradke
Paper Tape
Views: 1,043
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad Y710 with occasional cpu usage pegged at 100%

New Y710 40542AU has cpu usage pegged at 100% several times in the first week since new.  May be associiated with Veriface or the camera, since camera is always "occupied" when this occurs.  The camera beomes available again and the cpu usage returns to normal when the user with the problem is logged off.  Anyone else have this problem or any advice?

plutos
802.11n
Views: 1,009
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad Y710 with occasional cpu usage pegged at 100%

Hi,

Did you try opening up task manager to see which process was taking up all the CPU cycles? That might help to pin-point the problem. You could also turn off the camera with fn + esc to see if the problem is camera related.

trradke
Paper Tape
Views: 1,000
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad Y710 with occasional cpu usage pegged at 100%

Actually, I was able to catch the problem occuring again tonight, with over 90% cpu usage, very sluggish performance, and no camera in veriface.  Using the resource monitor from the task manager performance tab, I found that one cpu image, logonUI.exe, was averaging over 60% of the cpu usage.  I logged off one of the three users with task manager, the last user before the problem occured, and the cpu usage is back to normal, the system is responding normally and the logonUI.exe image is gone from the list in the resource monitor.  Not knowing what logonUI.exe (aka Windows Logon User Interface) does for sure, I'm assuming it has something to do with the way veriface tells windows to proceed with a logon.  I do note that Lenovo has an upgrade to veriface 3.0 recommended for the ideapad U110, but I wonder if that would help.  It's not recommended to solve a problem like I'm having.  Thoughts?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors