Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkillian
Paper Tape
Views: 3,590
Message 1 of 8

Ideapad Z400 touch - backlit keyboard

I bought this Lenovo instead of an Asus, despite a somewhat large price difference, because this computer is supposed to have a backlit keyboard. I got my computer in the mail today and I haven't been able to figure out how to turn the keyboard backlight on. The markings on the keyboard indicate that Fn+Space should turn this feature on. Is there something else that I need to do the first time to turn it on or is this something that I need to take up with Lenovo? Thanks!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,550
Message 2 of 8

Re: Ideapad Z400 touch - backlit keyboard

hi bkillian,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

If pressing Fn+Space doesn't turn OFF/On the keyboard backlit, does it turn ON when you power ON the computer? (units with backlit keyboards automatically turns ON when the unit is powered up).

If this doesn't work, can you send me a private message with the following info to see if the unit really have the backlit keyboard feature.

Serial Number (i.e. CBxxxxxxxx)

MTM (i.e. 4446-3AU)

Regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,532
Message 3 of 8

hi,

I got your PM and I can confirm that your unit have a backlit keyboard

Part#: 000000000069541288 - KB ENGLISH_BLACKIT Z400_USA

Check if the keyboard's backlit turns ON during POST. If it does, try to:

1. uninstall Lenovo Energy Management in WIndows and reboot

2. re-install Lenovo Energy Management

Lenovo Energy Management
Windows 8 64bit

em8.08.0.2.4.exe
45.4MB

If the keyboard backlit doesn't turn ON at all, there's probably a defect on the keyboard or the keyboard ribbon and you need to contact lenovo for service.

Best regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

jezz25
Paper Tape
Views: 3,494
Message 4 of 8

does all z400 touch come with backlit feature?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,476
Message 5 of 8

hi jezz25,

The backlit keyboard is an optional feature of the Z400 Touch (and some Ideapad models). The Z400 Touch here on the lab doesn't have a backlit keyboard (model 20220).

Best regards,

neokenchi

Malyn_27
Paper Tape
Views: 2,550
Message 6 of 8

Machine Type Mode: IDEAPADZ400GPPITXI33120M4G1TBRPH (20201)

Machine Type No: 59367311

Machine Serial No: CBxxxxxxxx

Is this ideapad has a backlit keyoard?  

Moderator Note; s/n edited for member's own protection

dember037
What's DOS?
Views: 2,335
Message 7 of 8

so I have this lenovo z400 touch model 20220 . may i ask if lenovo can replace my keyboard with a backlit keyboard also for z400 touch?

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 2,325
Message 8 of 8

no i dont think they can replace it since if your motherboard does not have connector for backlights to keyboard then you wont be able to replace keyboard since motherboard requires a backlight connector port, since most of times there is 2-3 slim cabbles from keyboard big one is for functionally of buttons then there is 2 smaller ones 1 for power button and last one would be for powering up the backlight on keyboard so if yours don't have 3rd connector then answer is no you wont be able to have it.

Update: Nvm it's 2 cabbles sorry i was thinkin completely wrong there xD motherboard needs 2 connectos for keyboard 1 big connector and 2nd one small connector Smiley Happy example:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzI2WDgyNw==/z/nREAAOxyOlhS6ui0/$_57.JPG

you can see big cabble that is main cabble for button funcitions while orange smaller one is power cabble for backlight part Smiley Happy so your motherboard needs 2 connectors.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors