Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 5 (143 Views)

Ideapad Z410 starts, fan starts, then quits- no screen activity, Novo button doesn't work

[ Edited ]

That's the description.  Power light goes on,  No sounds other than momentary sound of fan.  Fan on about 5 seconds, then computer shuts down.  Novo button doesn't do anything.  No video.  Can't get into Bios.

Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 5 (121 Views)

Re: Ideapad Z410 starts, fan starts, then quits- no screen activity, Novo button doesn't work

Some hardware problem, but no way to tell from that info.

You could try removing the main battery and AC power to it. Press the power button for 30 sec. Plug AC in only and see if you get anything happen. Could be as simple as the AC adapter is defective but all guessing with technical tests
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Blue Screen Again
Message 3 of 5 (112 Views)

Re: Ideapad Z410 starts, fan starts, then quits- no screen activity, Novo button doesn't work

No, the adapter works.  I was hoping to not have to remove the 18 screws of different sizes, the keyboard, etc to get to the battery.  What a dumb, dumb design.  This just tells me that the battery is expected to last longer than the computer!

Bit Torrent
Message 4 of 5 (97 Views)

Well if the AC adapter is definitely good then you have some hardware defect. Impossible for anyone to say. You likely have to have a notebook tech have a look at it. There should be plenty of independant repair places you can take it to along with the AC power supply.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Blue Screen Again
Message 5 of 5 (76 Views)

I am helping out someone else and have the experience to continue diagnosis and fixing the problem.  I have tested for RAM defects and Wifi component defects.  I found that the hard drive wouldn't mount and had some weird partitions.  The owner of the laptop said that the computer has been declining since Windows 10 was installed, and finally went to the state described in the title.  There may be a problem with the motherboard, but I feel I have to rebuild the hard drive before pronouncing death to the motherboard.  

I need some help with rebuilding the hard drive.  I removed the 6 partitions on the drive, reformatted it to on big partition, and did some tests to insure the hard drive was functional.  I then created an 8.1 DVD install disk.  But I am stuck there.  I have searched the internet, but the situation I have doesn't seem to be covered.  I need to load Windows 8.1 on this now "blank" hard drive, which will then put back into the problem computer.  Since the problem computer doesn't start, I can't use the problem computer to install the operating system on the now blank hard drive.  I need to use my Windows 10 computer to do it.  I have a harness so I can attach the blank hard drive as a USB drive on my own computer.  I put the DVD install disk in my reader.  But from there I don't know how to do the install from the DVD to the USB attached blank hard drive.  It would seem this would be somewhat common problem.  Can anyone provide me with the process?  Thanks you.

Top kudoed Authors