Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tvin7
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,057
Message 61 of 96

Re: Ideapad Z500 Screen Replacement

@aroncazzola i've sent you my profile link. check your inbox on this website. 

krisn
Paper Tape
Views: 2,039
Message 62 of 96

Hi Guys.

Sorry for my english.  I want to replace my screen in my Lenovo Z500.  At this moment my max resolution is 1366x768. I want to repalce with full hd. My graphics card is Nvidia GT645M. Can somebody  tell me  what screee I have to buy.  I attached photos with my screen details. Thanks for any advice.

Link to picture/image

Link to picture/image

Mod comment: Over sized pictures converted to links. Please see About-Posting-Pictures-In-The-Forums

aroncazzola
Paper Tape
Views: 2,014
Message 63 of 96

@Krisn

In teory you need a N156HGE-LB1 display. Seems that lot of people here succeded replacing their laptop screen with this model. But except for bionan, nobody had posted a photo or a screenshot.

rashead
What's DOS?
Views: 1,863
Message 64 of 96

Has anyone solve the brightness issue? I changed my panel to N156HGE-LB1, but as mentioned, I only have 2 brightness levels.
tvin7
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,694
Message 65 of 96

i am finally successful Smiley HappyMan Very Happy

the screen model - N156HGE-LG1 Rev C2 fitted my z500 laptop perfectly.

All i had to do was disconnect the battery input to the motherboard first, then replace the screen. I didn't have to change the display power cables.

Link to picture/image

i have only two or three brightness levels. The brightness is manageable with software like flux, dimmer, etc. I use a combination  of both flux & dimmer.

It's cost me like $60 for the entire buying new screen + selling the old screen process.

oh man, the screen looks really really beautiful, totally worth going through all the hassle. Contact me if you got to ask anything.

Mod comment: Over sized picture converted to link. Please see About-Posting-Pictures-In-The-Forums

tfboy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,579
Message 66 of 96

Hi tvin7 !

Thanks for your advice. I'm new on this forum and I have recently upgraded my Z500 with a new processor, memory and ssd (amazing).

I am looking for a new full HD screen but I am not sure to be willing to changing it as there are 3 brightness levels. As your message was written in August, I guess you may have found a solution. Have you deleted the previous screen drivers or re-install intel or nvidia drivers?
rashead
What's DOS?
Views: 1,572
Message 67 of 96

Hi,
Issue is not a driver related one, I think. Same thing happens in Ubuntu as well. Also, GRUB menu (where you choose which OS you want to boot into) has 2 brightness levels too. I think it is related with BIOS. If you do not care about battery life, you can use Dimmer or Flux applications to manipulate the screen brightness, as tvin7 suggests.
tfboy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,554
Message 68 of 96

ok, for me "the good drivers" for brightness issues (with OEM LCD Panel) : Intel Video v9.17.10.3223 on WIN10.

When windows boots, I can adjust the brightness with fn+F11/F12 keys. My product number is a 59366165 with the latest 1.21 bios.

Your bios version is up to date?

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/71cn51ww.exe

tvin7
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,540
Message 69 of 96

@tfboy & @rashead
the screen was never meant to be used on z500 so we can't expect to get any drivers from lenovo which would be fully compatible, but for now, flux and dimmer application are doing a pretty good job. All the fonts look great on my screen.

Also, congratulations for upgrading your processor & memory. Would you like to share what processor you've installed now, also the steps & precautions to do the replacement? (If you want to replace your screen, make sure that the laptop is well disconnected from the battery.)
HenryyV
What's DOS?
Views: 1,511
Message 70 of 96

Hi, my screeen broke and i have to change it, but when i try to take out the screws, there is one that daesnt come out. The inside part is like worn out (to wide) and i have made it worse by trying diferent screwdrivers. How can i take the screw out?

Please help because i can't change the screen with that screw!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors