Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sanket8
Paper Tape
Views: 268
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad Z500 Touch downgrade from win10 to win8 or 7

Hi, 

I have screen brightness problem and 5GHz wifi not discovering after window 10 installed. I know the easy option to downgrade is 30 days period which has already past.

I was looking option to downgrade through Onekey Rescue System, But I am confuse here as I don't have OS back up in cd/dvd or anything. Can i do without it?

if I make copy of OS now, which OS will be backup Win8 or Win10 (current using)?

Please advise me what to do.

Thanks

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 262
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad Z500 Touch downgrade from win10 to win8 or 7

"...I was looking option to downgrade through Onekey Rescue System, But I am confuse here as I don't have OS back up in cd/dvd or anything. Can i do without it?"

Comment: A copy of the Win 8 including all programs from the factory is place in a hidden partition of the hdd. You need OneKey Recovery program to access it and be able to restore the unit to factory consition.

"...if I make copy of OS now, which OS will be backup Win8 or Win10 (current using)?"

Comment: First of all how will you do the copy? If it is in Win 10 then you will have a Win 10 backup. That is after the upgrade to Win 10 you will not be able to make a backup through OKR but in Win 10 only.

Sanket8
Paper Tape
Views: 246
Message 3 of 5

HI, Thanks for you reply.

If I restore by using OKR key, Will i get win 8 ? But I have win 10 now.

I understood form your comments is, I do not need cd/dvd to restore the system?
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 242
Message 4 of 5

@Sanket8 wrote:
HI, Thanks for you reply.

If I restore by using OKR key, Will i get win 8 ? But I have win 10 now.

I understood form your comments is, I do not need cd/dvd to restore the system?

There were reports that OKR is no longer working after the Win 10 update. However assuming that it is still working, restoring using the Onekey will return the unit to Win 8 and not Win 10 since as stated earlier what is place in the hidden partition is Win 8. You can use the NOVO button instead of running the Windows OKR program.

This unit does not require the Recovery disc set but some other model does. I'm not sure if there are changes now so why not give Lenovo a call just to be sure.

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 231
Message 5 of 5

You should have made an drive image before the Win 10 upgrade. Just in case...

Now you loose all your data and personization as well as installed programs etc. if you change it.

Have you called support to see if it can be fixed first?

Novo button as stated is the best chance of putting it back to out of the box state then many hours updating and setting it all back up again.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors