Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rowan438
Fanfold Paper
Views: 343
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad Z500 Touch graphics card problem

When I was playing Mass Effect 2 the game would suddenly freeze but the sound would keep going, though it would sound like a horn being blown down industrial fans and every so often would revert back to normal. If I had earphones in it would keep swiching to speakers instead. If I didn't Ctrl+Alt+Delete to task manager the laptop would sometimes blue screen or if I didn't end the task it could also blue screen.

I thought the laptop needed to be refreshed so I did so, reinstalled all drivers and the game but it was still happening. I even found that when I went onto the nvidia control panel and looked at the spinning preview image, after a few seconds the system would freeze until getting the message about the driver not responding and successfully recovering. I've tried 3 drivers (The original that shipped with the laptop, the latest lenovo released driver and nvidia's latest driver) but they all had the same problem.

For now I have just completely removed the nvidia drivers and haven't had any more problems. I would like to get the graphics card working again and was hoping someone might know a soloution. The Graphics Card is the Nvidia GeForce GT 740M. The most common blue screen I was getting when I wasn't gaming was the driver_power_state_failiure one and when I was I think it was the dpc_watchdog_violation one.

Rowan438
Fanfold Paper
Views: 297
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad Z500 Touch graphics card problem

There is no solution that I can find. If anyone knows anything or could at least put me on the right track I'd be very grateful.

Rowan438
Fanfold Paper
Views: 269
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad Z500 Touch graphics card problem

Going to have to bump this.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors