Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rushyendar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 467
Message 1 of 6

Ideapad Z500 touch - Pressing enter key itself

Hi,

I am facing issues with my ideapad z500 touch. It is pressing enter key itself almost everytime after I login. Windows reset didnt solve the issue. I ran device check option provided by lenovo. As per the stats, no issues with hardware. It has windows 10 installed. 

Please let me know if you think of any solution for this.

Thanks

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 430
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ideapad Z500 touch - Pressing enter key itself

• Does it only do so once after you login, or does it randomly do it all the time?
  • Are you sure you do not have a stuck key?      You can go to http://www.keyboardtester.com/tester.html and see if the key is actually being triggered.
  • Have you recently installed any new software/updates?
  • Have you tried disabling startup items?
    • Right- click on start
    • Select Task Manager
    • Select the Startup Tab
    • Note what startup applications are enabled/disabled so you can set them back once complete
    • Right-click on each application and select disabled.
  •  Does the problem occur when booted into Safe Mode?

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

The document shows how to boot into safe mode in more detail, but DO NOT use the (msconfig.exe) option that is listed first, because that method can sometimes leave you stuck in Safe Mode.    Use the second (Shift+Restart) option instead.

7 ways to boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10

Best of luck,

rushyendar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 407
Message 3 of 6

Thank you.

The issue is happening almost everytime after I login. Sometimes when entering password while logging into the machine. Tried after disabling all start up items, no new softwares too. Still the problem persists.

Any other ideas?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 399
Message 4 of 6

Does it only occur at login, and then stop occurring after that, or does it continue to occur while using the computer after have logged on?   

If it is occurring randomly while you are using the computer, it could be a flaky Enter key, so I would try going to http://www.keyboardtester.com/tester.html and see, if after loading the test screen, you can wiggle the Enter key etc. and get it to trigger without actually fully depressing it.

You can also try uninstalling the Keyboard driver from Device Manager, and then rebooting the laptop to have it automatically reinstalled.

• Right-click on Start and select Device Manager
  • Locate the Keyboards section, and left-click to expand
  • Right click on the listed Keyboard(s), select Uninstall and then click next
  • Once uninstalled, right-click on Start, select Shutdown or Sign Out, and then select Restart

It could also be a problem with the touchpad driver, but I cannot find any driver available from Lenovo for your laptop model that supports Windows 10, but upgrading or reinstalling that might be in order as well.

Good Luck,

rushyendar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 333
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Thank you so much for info. 

I tested using keyboard tester for stuck keys. When the issue is happening, both enter keys are getting pressed on their own. 

After re-installing keyboard drivers, I noticed that the frequency of issue happening decreased. But happend twice. Not sure where the issue is. Any other thoughts?

Thank you.

rushyendar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 272
Message 6 of 6

Hi All,

I am still facing the same issue. Now the frequency of issue happening is also increased. Any suggestions please.

THanks,
Rushy
Top Kudoed Authors