Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-27-2014

Canada

6 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 1

Ideapad Z510 Dolby Home Theatre v4 couldn't detect sound?

2014-07-27, 14:37 PM

I manage to solve the problem but here's the full story;

The problem occured after turning on my laptop yesterday morning. I checked out my Dolby Profile and saw that the equalizer wasn't moving at all and that it wasn't detecting any sound at all from any sound producing media I could test (from Youtube to Winamp). 

I went to support.lenovo.com and found the latest driver for my Realtek Audio and downloaded it. I unininstalled Dolby and resetarted. I booted up and uninstalled Realtek. Booted up again and installed the latest Realtek audio driver, then restarted. I found the Dolby file within an installation file and installed Dolby Home Theatre.msi from a folder called "PCEE". I restarted again.

The same problem persisted. 

Due to my frustration, I unisntalled OneKey Theatre. That was a mistake haha.

I fiddled around the forums a bit and found no solutions whatsoever. Then I decided to dig into the problem myself and I soon found out that there were two Dolby softwares installed in my device. I believe it was called "Dolby Advanced Audio". When I clicked it open, its equalizer was actually working! But it wasn't Dolby Home Theatre v4 so I had to find out what's the real problem. 

So I deleted Dolby Advanced Audio and restarted. I booted up and the same problem persisted. I decided to just do a system restore because I probably messed up a lot of things in my laptop from all my fiddling around and stuff.

I rolled back the day before I got my latest Windows Update (KB2980654). The Windows Update was installed the day before my problem started occuring so I thouht it was a good idea to roll back at that period of time. After a couple minutes of waiting, my Dolby Home Theatre v4 started working! 

But now I'm just frightened to do a Windows Update because I believe that might be the culprit.

Any thoughts?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms