Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Magneto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,493
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad Z510 - How to maximise fan speed all the time

I have an ideapad z510 lenovo laptop, and the fan speed seems to always remain constant (according to sound) even if the laptop is burning hot(this burning hot situation occurs when i play games). I have lenovo energy manager, and the only way i can increase the fan speed is click the fan dust removal button of the energy manager, the fan then runs on high speed for 2 minutes intermittently, and then returns to its low normal. How can i make the fan run on high speed all the time so that my laptop doesn't get so hot?

And the problem isn't about the laptop getting hot, its when the laptop gets hot, its start becoming jittery and fps in games, and responsiveness of mouse outside/inside of games decreases, even though raam usage is barely crossing 80% or even 50% and cpu rarely ever crosses 20-30%.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity

lapurema
What's DOS?
Views: 488
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad Z510 - How to maximise fan speed all the time

I have the same problem,my laptop sometimes doesn't ""enter" the hard mode (fan spinning) and games run with low fps,even apps run hard.I do a restart and maybe the fan will start working properly.It's like the ariplane who doesn't "take off",it just runs on the road.I am using CPUID(it;s a tool for monitoring voltages,temperatures for everything inside the laptop) and I can see the temps rising and the MGhz going up in cpu/gpu when it works properly,when it's not I start a game and the temps/MGhz remain the same and runs with very low fps.It just doesn't seem to be able to ""take off" sometimes.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 452
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad Z510 - How to maximise fan speed all the time

Hi all,

Welcome to the community forums. 

Does your laptop shut down when it gets hot? If not, please update the BIOS of your laptop. You may download the BIOS update here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6. In addition, run a hardware monitor while playing games to check the temperature of the laptop. Kindly send us a screenshot. Thanks.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors