Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1mikezat1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,112
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad Z560 touchpad and keyboard not working

Hi! I have an Ideapad Z560. All of a sudden both keyboard and Synaptic touchpad stopped working. I restored the laptop to the original image and updated all drivers from Lenovo first and from Synaptic later; then I replaced the keyboard with a spare I had, then I opened the laptop and reattached all cables to make sure there are no loose cables.

Nothing worked.

What's interesting is that both the touchpad and keyboard report themselves as attached to PS/2 port.

Is it normal?

What else can I do? What else can cause the issue?

I'd like to replace the touchpad but I cannot find the part anywhere. Is it available from Lenovo? Are there any generic ones? I've been searching using "Ideapad Z560 touchpad for sale" and "Synaptic touchpad for sale".

Many thanks in advance,

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,103
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad Z560 touchpad and keyboard not working

@1mikezat1 wrote:

Hi! I have an Ideapad Z560. All of a sudden both keyboard and Synaptic touchpad stopped working. I restored the laptop to the original image and updated all drivers from Lenovo first and from Synaptic later; then I replaced the keyboard with a spare I had, then I opened the laptop and reattached all cables to make sure there are no loose cables.

Nothing worked.

What's interesting is that both the touchpad and keyboard report themselves as attached to PS/2 port.

Is it normal?

What else can I do? What else can cause the issue?

I'd like to replace the touchpad but I cannot find the part anywhere. Is it available from Lenovo? Are there any generic ones? I've been searching using "Ideapad Z560 touchpad for sale" and "Synaptic touchpad for sale".

Many thanks in advance,

Try restoring to initial condition using the one key recovery program.

1mikezat1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,102
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for taking a look. I restored the laptop to its original condition using one key recovery. It did not work. I then updated to latest using windows update and downloaded and installed all the drivers from Lenovo first and then from Synaptic later. Nothing worked.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,100
Message 4 of 5

@1mikezat1 wrote:

Thank you for taking a look. I restored the laptop to its original condition using one key recovery. It did not work. I then updated to latest using windows update and downloaded and installed all the drivers from Lenovo first and then from Synaptic later. Nothing worked.

How were you able to navigate and update since your kb and touchpad are not working?

1mikezat1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,097
Message 5 of 5

USB Mouse worked so I opened on screen keyboard and used that when I had to type.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors