04-09-2018

US

1 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 4

Ideapad Z570 key replacement

2018-04-09, 13:17 PM

The left Shift key broke off of my laptop. I can order a replacement key from online retailers, but I'm not sure which "type" of keys I have. I'm looking at the empty spot in my laptop and comparing it to the images on the websites, but I can't find the right match.

Any thoughts?

Options

9934 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6778 Signins

729504 Page Views

• Views: 729504
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad Z570 key replacement

2018-04-09, 13:49 PM

Hi pfhlad0,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Checking with the hardware manual, it only offers guide to the entire keyboard (page 44) and not for individual keys.

You may want to check other service providers that offers such (ex. here) or have it checked with your local service center if they can have an easier DIY for the key.

Hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how it goes best for you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

04-09-2018

US

1 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-04-09, 13:58 PM

Thanks, spidey. I found a site from which I can order the key, but I have to know the specific key type before ordering. That's my problem.

Options

9934 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6778 Signins

729504 Page Views

• Views: 729504
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-04-09, 15:39 PM

Hi pfhlad0,

If the service site offers key replacement for your specific model, you may call them in for specific details.

Since each key clips and mechanism are different, I usually try checking individual videos for each key type after looking up the subject key. Here I can decide if a do it yourself fix or better to follow OEM suggestion of full keyboard replacement.

Individual key repair is not made available through the hardware manual so self study or third party service provider can help since they claim to provide it. Have a photo of the key location as most laptop key replacement companies have a customer service area where you can upload photos. With it, they can then determine the type of replacement key hinge assembly.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save