Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrhaile
Not applicable
Views: 2,480
Message 1 of 6

Ideapad Z580 Bluetooth + Windows 7/32 Not working

Going crazy here and the support so far from Lenovo has been beyond poor so I'm turning to the forums.  I have two brand new Z580 Ideapad's, the only reason we bought them was they were cheap and had bluetooth.  Well I cannot activate bluetooth in anyway on the laptops.  There is no switch, I used the FN+F5 key and all I am prompted with is the Turn Wireless on or Off, nothing about bluetooth.  I've installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the Lenovo Power Management because I saw a number of posts referring to this piece of software.  I checked BIOS and only saw the option for Wireless.  All drivers are installed and reinstalled multiple times.  I see the Aerthos BT stuff running in the background and there are no conflicts in Device Manager, even looked for hidden devices.

The laptops are Windows 7 32bit Enterprise, clean installs with only windows updates and ONLY Lenovo drivers installed IE I didn't use the Windows Update drives for anything. 

Any help on where to go or what to do is appreciated.  My next move is to return these and never purchase Lenovo again if I can't get this resolved by Friday as my client is not happy at all.

James

neokenchi
Not applicable
Views: 2,456
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ideapad Z580 Bluetooth + Windows 7/32 Not working

hi jrhaile,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

That's quite a hassle you got there. From what I know, if you press Fn+F5, you will get a "Lenovo Wireless Device Settings" menu.

Spoiler
wifi energy management.JPG

If you get the menu but you only see the wireless, what you can try is to:

1, Remove the AC adapter and Battery then press & hold the power button for 30secs (this drains the power off the unit).

2. Reconnect both AC adapter and battery and boot into the BIOS by pressing F2, when you're in, press F9 to set BIOS to default and press F10 to save and exit BIOS.

3. Boot into Windows and try to pair a blueooth device

If the same problem occurs you can try to reseat the Bluetooth module by checking the PCI Express compartment on page 42 of the hardware maintenance manual.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

jrhaile
Not applicable
Views: 2,431
Message 3 of 6

Hello,

Thank you for your response, but in my case, your solutions didn't work.  I am currently reloading with windows 7 64bit to see if it is a driver with 32 Windows that is the cause.  I will report back.

James

jrhaile
Not applicable
Views: 2,424
Message 4 of 6

I reinstalled Windows 7x64, all new drivers from Lenovo's site and still no option to turn ON or OFF the Bluetooth Adapter.  I am simply lost at this point.

I installed the LEM, Hotfix and all MS updates too, and no luck.  I looked through services and found that the Aerthos BT service is running as well as the BT Support service.

jrhaile
Not applicable
Views: 2,414
Message 5 of 6

Just for fun I also tried Windows 8 x64 drivers and they install but the FN+F5 no longer works and I can't get any of the Bluetooth Apps to work.

neokenchi
Not applicable
Views: 2,404
Message 6 of 6

hi jrhaile,

The next thing I would do if I were in your case is to disable the Windows and Lenovo Bluetooth software and use a program like Bluesoleil to re-initialize the blueooth adapter and see if it can pair it on a bluetooth device (cellphone or a headset would be ideal).

If it fails, there might be an issue with the hardware already and I recommend you contact Lenovo on how go about replacing the bluetooth adapter. Support phone list here.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors