Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vijaylbais
What's DOS?
Views: 712
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad Z580 hinge problem

I had bought ideapad z580 lenovo laptop nearly about 1.5 years ago with warranty of 3 years but alongwith some conditions applied. 

In 1st year, there was some problem with the laptop's right hinge. The lid couldn't close completely because of some internal design issues and caused damage with the lower case. I got it repaired without spending even a penny.

But after 1.5 years, again the same problem has arised. I called the customer care but they told to get help from the nearby lenovo authorised centers. I tried to get help from there but they are trying to charge me (about Rs. 3000 to 5000)

saying that it is covered under damage and cannot be repaired free of cost.

Its true. But as the damage is not caused by my side, its the fault of the design. So, lenovo should fix my issues free of cost as my 3 years warranty is still valid.

Could anyone please help me with this? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 693
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad Z580 hinge problem

Hi Vijaylbias,

Welcome to Lenovo forums

As I understand that you are facing issue with laptop hinges on your Lenovo Z580 laptop.

As you have mentioned the laptop hinges was replaced by the service centre for once. Please share the system serial number through private message, so that we can check with our internal team.

Click here to send private message.

Do post back !

Best regards,    

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

anuragsrajput15
Paper Tape
Views: 479
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad Z580 hinge problem

My name is Anurag and I bought a Lenovo Z-580 laptop in october of 2012 . In about 10 months I had a problem with the right hinge (the same problem as  with many of the users)  like when I open the screen of the laptop there is sound from the right hinge and the body becomes dis-figured. A gap arises between the two bases of the laptop ( upper and lower ) . I registered a complaint and the body was replaced . I was quite happy with service but after a year  and half I have this same problem again. And though i have extended warranty officials say there won't be a replacement. This is a manufacturing issue and I want my laptop body to be replaced and assurance this problem wont come in the future. Seeing this I am very disappointed with lenovo's sevice. If some one can reach me from the companies side would be highly appreciated.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors