Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lilyolive
Blue Screen Again
Views: 28,135
Message 1 of 27

Ideapad Z580 stuck on Boot Menu after BIOS update attempt

I am extremely upset because I think I have just ruined my laptop through trying to perform a BIOS update which LENOVO provided through the website.

I had recently reset my computer to factory settings via the ONE KEY RECOVERY button. After basic setup and startup, I decided to install the BIOS update Windows 7 64 Bit for my PC. I downloaded the two files provided: public and private, and moved on to first click on the public file. This opened up another application with various options which the README file provided no information on.

Anyway my computer began to restart itself and perform some operations to which it is now stuck on the BOOT MENU.

Each time I turn on the POWER ON button, I am directed to the BOOT MENU, and I have no option to use my computer as normal.

Please help me on this.

DamianZ580
What's DOS?
Views: 27,849
Message 2 of 27

Re: Ideapad Z580 stuck on Boot Menu after BIOS update attempt

Hi Lilyolive,

I had the same problem 2 weeks ago and I freaked out too. I installed the two files in the incorrect order (I couldn't even install the other one) but I brought my computer to a computer shop and they fixed it! They said that the BIOS was configured incorrectly, so your computer is NOT ruined.

I don't know what exactly the problem was but I can maybe help you to send pictures of my correctly configured BIOS

P.S. sorry for my bad english Smiley Sad
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 27,842
Message 3 of 27

@Lilyolive wrote:

I am extremely upset because I think I have just ruined my laptop through trying to perform a BIOS update which LENOVO provided through the website.

I had recently reset my computer to factory settings via the ONE KEY RECOVERY button. After basic setup and startup, I decided to install the BIOS update Windows 7 64 Bit for my PC. I downloaded the two files provided: public and private, and moved on to first click on the public file. This opened up another application with various options which the README file provided no information on.

Anyway my computer began to restart itself and perform some operations to which it is now stuck on the BOOT MENU.

Each time I turn on the POWER ON button, I am directed to the BOOT MENU, and I have no option to use my computer as normal.

Please help me on this.

Try resetting the bios settings to default. Save and reboot.

cK_Z580
Paper Tape
Views: 27,807
Message 4 of 27

Same problem here with the same discription but I didnt try to reset my bios settings cuz I dont know how to do it.
Does anybody know how to solve this problem ?? Its horrible that this happened after downloading the bios update from lenovo official... I hope some guys here can help us.
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 27,800
Message 5 of 27

@cK_Z580 wrote:
Same problem here with the same discription but I didnt try to reset my bios settings cuz I dont know how to do it.
Does anybody know how to solve this problem ?? Its horrible that this happened after downloading the bios update from lenovo official... I hope some guys here can help us.

Shutdown your computer. Locate the NOVO button (refer to your user guide or hardware maintenance manual which you can download in the Lenovo site ) and press it. In the menu presented onscreen select Go to Bios. Try to find the short function key that will reset the settings to default. Save and exit.

cK_Z580
Paper Tape
Views: 27,782
Message 6 of 27

Thx for the answer. The short function key for default setting is f9 and I tried it but it didnt help.. and i didnt use the novo button cuz Im directed to the boot and app menu directly after starting my laptop. Dont know what to do
SabyM
What's DOS?
Views: 27,750
Message 7 of 27

Were you able to solve the problem that you had faced ? I have applied the BIOS update and am facing the same issue (computer stuck on Boot menu). Can you please let me know how you fixed this issue.

NSBConsulting
Paper Tape
Views: 27,617
Message 8 of 27

BUMP

NSBConsulting
Paper Tape
Views: 27,609
Message 9 of 27

From another post: [SOLVED!] Z580 - can't enter BIOS

1. turn off your laptop

2. remove the battery and the power cord

3. insert the power cord back in (do not insert the battery back)

4. hold insert key and press the power key (still holding Insert)

5. be patient, a grey popup should appear, asking you to choose the device you want to boot from (HDD, CD, USB etc.); don't choose anything, just

6. press Tab, and select Setup. the BIOS options will appear

7. scroll to Advanced (if I remember correctly), and switch boot type from UEFI to Legacy

8. save changes and exit. you'll be able to boot in Legacy mode.

This works!

ravikiran
What's DOS?
Views: 26,981
Message 10 of 27

Hi,

I am getting some blue screen with error message "Your computer ran into a problem and needs to restart...." and then its a infinite loop restarting PC.

I tried this one too, but it doesn't give any positive result. I have tried the following ways.

1. Removed battery, and tried to reset Bios settings to default. No result

2. I tried to restore my z580 laptop. No result

3. Tried to reinstall windows 8 OS, but it says u can't install as the Bios of this partition don't support.

4. I was stuck there and I did not installed the second driver and for some reason some of the BIOS settings are read only.

Anyone please tell me any suggestions on this, and anyone if fixed this please update ur solution here.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors