Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
watzi
What's DOS?
Views: 31,788
Message 1 of 12

Ideapad Z580 trouble with Intelligent Touchpad after Windows 8 upgrade

I own a Ideapad Z580, and upgraded to Windows 8 yesterday. I noticed that the Intelligent Touchpad stopped working after the upgrade. I installed the appropriate driver, Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaPad Z380/Z480/Z580, hoping it'd work, but to no avail. I also tried reinstalling/overwriting my existing 64-bit driver when prompted by my system to do so.

The scrolling, pinching, and sideways scrolling do not work at all; it is quite frustrating. Please help.

Inosorex
What's DOS?
Views: 31,682
Message 2 of 12

Re: Ideapad Z580 trouble with Intelligent Touchpad after Windows 8 upgrade

I too am having the same issues with the Touchpad after having upgraded my OS to Windows 8 Pro. After upgrading, I received a list of 'Apps Removed' and it actually got rid of a whole bunch of Lenovo (and other) drivers. From that list, here are some, just to name a few:

Dolby Home Theater v4
Energy Management
Intel(R) WiDi
Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software
Intelligent Touchpad
Lenovo CAPOSD
Lenovo EasyCamera
Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer
Lenovo MuteSync
Lenovo OneKey Recovery
Lenovo YouCam
Onekey Theater
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
UserGuide
VeriFace
Windows Driver Package - Lenovo (ACPIVPC) System (12/15/2011 7.1.0.1).

Is there going to be an update for these drivers for Windows 8 compatibility? Many thanks in advance for the help!

EDIT 1: Looks like we may be out of luck... 

"Because of software compatibility issues, the following functions will no longer work after upgrading your computer.

• Pre-installed Applications:
    Energy Management, OneKey Recovery 7.0, Intelligent Touchpad, Office 2010 Starter, Idea life, InstantReset, BootShield, User Guide Common Tool, RapidDrive, McAfee AntiVirus Plus, McAfee Internet Security, and so on."

SOURCE

Xristosk
What's DOS?
Views: 31,629
Message 3 of 12

Hello peep, do not despair as most of this functionality will be restored.

1. Had the same issue with the drivers so i contacted Lenovo and they said they are working on fixing any issues,

2. if you search for the z580 in amazon you are given a 'newer' model as an alternative which is basiccally the same laptop(Z580) but with win 8. so i assume that any software or drivers are going to be the same with the 'older' z580.

3. Patience! as told before win 8 just came out give it some time.

Also anyone having win 8 pro can get media center for Free:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/feature-packs

Inosorex
What's DOS?
Views: 31,386
Message 4 of 12

Thanks; looking forward to having those functionalities back.

Also, thanks for the Windows Media Center link!!!

ceumair
What's DOS?
Views: 31,193
Message 5 of 12

Well, i also bought Z580 a week ago and upgraded to windows 8. i think I did a huge mistake by doing so, because my windows 7 was running like aeroplanes---too good. Now, the intelligent touchpad is not working. And in this computer without intelligent touch pad you can't do the things quicikly.

I think we all should request lenovo to launch the drivers for windows 8. As I can see on their website they have Z580 with windows 8 installed in them. So if they are selling this computer with windows 8, it means intelligent touchpad is working for them. so its just a matter of getting a compatible driver. I think lenovo is not making the compatible drivers avaiable to their customers because they want to snatch extra money out of heir customers who upgraded to windows 8. I called lenovo's software support team and they want extra money to sort out this problem.

foolycooly
Paper Tape
Views: 30,952
Message 6 of 12

Any update on this?  I am also regretting my upgrade to windows 8 due to compatability issues (specifically, intelligent touchpad).

Inosorex
What's DOS?
Views: 30,842
Message 7 of 12

Hey guys;

Just finished installing the Synaptics driver for Win8 off of their site: http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers . Restored gestures, scrolling and palm sensitivity! Smiley Very Happy

ferdin08
Token Ring
Views: 30,840
Message 8 of 12

Hey guys lenovo recommends a clean install of windows 8 on idea pad machines:smileytongue:

read this:

http://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/windows8/upgrade/ideapad/index_en.html

And CAn get all drivers from lenovo china website....use chrome to translate the page:smileytongue:

http://support1.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/wsi/Modules/Driverdownload.aspx?SearchType=1&LogicType=0&Machin...

Inosorex
What's DOS?
Views: 30,786
Message 9 of 12

Thanks for the post!

Any idea how to get Dobly Home Theater v4 back on a Lenovo Ideapad Z580?

ferdin08
Token Ring
Views: 30,761
Message 10 of 12

First make a clean install then download all the drivers from the site.......it contains dolby

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors