01-20-2016 01:58 AM
Any ideas as to what wifi drivers to use for Z710 8.1 (64-bit)? My wifi isn't working at all. It sees the wifi router but it cannot connect. All my other laptops/tablets/mobile can connect. Thank you.
01-20-2016 12:14 PM
Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums.
Regarding your problem, are you getting any message when you tried to connect to your network?
1. Perform power cycle for the devices
• Turn off the modem/router > Unplug the router cable > Turn off Z710 > Remove the router cable for about 20 secs > Reconnect router cable then turn on the modem/router > Wait till all lights are stable > Turn the Z710 back on > Try to reconnect.
2. Run Microsoft Troubleshooter
• Go to Control Panel > Look for Troubleshooting > Select Network and Internet > Select Network Adapter.
3. Reinstall wireless drivers, download it here
4. Test it in Safe Mode with Networking, check if you'll be getting same issue.
Hope this helps!
02-12-2016 05:43 PM
Thank you for responding so quickly. I tried recycling router and laptop. That didn't work.
I tried reinstalling drivers but it says I have a newer driver already installed.
When I try to connect, it can't get passed the authentication to the wireless router. It fails every time.