Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BjornE
Paper Tape
Views: 809
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad Z710 bootloop after installing HDD Caddy

Last week I swapped out the HDD with a new Kingston SSD in my Ideapad Z710 and I ordered a HDD caddy.

Everything ran fine with the SSD but after installing the caddy I keep running into a bootloop (Lenovo startup screen keeps splashing).

The HDD is formatted so there are no boot partitions left on it and I have the boot priority set to the SSD. All changes I've tried making in the BIOS did not help.

The only way to boot the computer is clicking the Onekey recovery button and booting through the Boot menu, which strangely only shows the SSD.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and would be able to help?

bovore
What's DOS?
Views: 497
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad Z710 bootloop after installing HDD Caddy

I've the same problem. I tried to switch the hdd position, the priority, I did a clean install of Windows 10 on the ssd and I erase completely the old hdd, leaving the SO only on ssd. I reset bios but nothing. It works only booting from the one-key and selecting the only choose present (windows boot manager). I tried setting legacy and uefi. Nothing.

I saw a kind of jumper on the caddy, near the sata connector. I move it but nothing change. Anyone???

BjornE
Paper Tape
Views: 493
Message 3 of 4

Hi bovore,

Sadly this issue was never resolved. I just got used to having to boot my laptop from the bios every time.

I press the Lenovo recovery key, next to the power button, and select the windows boot manager like you mentioned.

Everything I tried (bios update, resetting bios, cleaning the entire hard drive, ..) didn't resolve this.

The only advice I can give is keep using the recovery button, you'll get so used to it that it's nearly as fast as normal booting after a while

bovore
What's DOS?
Views: 491
Message 4 of 4

so sad... I search for a bios update but there isn't. Have you try to contact lenovo support?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors