Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
camry1999
Paper Tape
Views: 1,257
Message 1 of 6

Ideapad Z710 won't charge

Hi everybody,

So, I bought a Referbished Ipeadpad Z710 & the computer won't charge. I says the "(Battery Percentage) available, not charging." Someitmes it charges, most of the times it doesn't. Also, when I have the computer on Hibernate or even if it's Shut Down, I have to plug it into the wall b/c it thinks there is no battery, & sometimes that doesn't work either.

I have tried talking to Lenovo countless number of times, they with make me format the drive, or reinstall the drivers.

They replaced the battery once, they also took in for service b/c they said the motherboard is the problem. When I got the sheet back, there is no indication that they replaced the motherboard. I have done the Guage Reset as well, there are times in the Guage Reset when I'm guessing the battery has been detected & it canceles the Guage Reset. I think this is rediculous.

I have installed Windows 8.1 which comes up from Microsoft. Does this mean I amstuck w/Windows 8 forever? I'm guessing that that means I won't be able to get Windows 9 when it comes out???? I have turned off all the settings in the Power Manager such as the "Conservation Mode," "Outlook" & even the "Turn off displayautomatically." I am just about ready to just returm this computer, I am just fed up w/this. I feel like they are just buying time until the warrenty ends, which is still a whole year. Can someone please help me with this.

iDesign
802.11n
Views: 1,243
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ideapad Z710 won't charge

Uninstall energy power management and the AC driver. Then install them both.
Lenovo y510p - Intel Quad-core 4th gen i7-4700MQ @3.40Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB HDD 8GB SSD - 1080p FHD - Nvidia 755m SLI
camry1999
Paper Tape
Views: 1,228
Message 3 of 6

Hey, we have tried that a few times already, but I will try that again. Also, one thing I noticed is that if I plug in the computer or the computer is still plugged in after the computer shuts down & I take the power adapter out, the battery light stays on.

camry1999
Paper Tape
Views: 1,193
Message 4 of 6

So, I compained to Lenovo & they gave gave me a prepaid box to send it back out, now I am assuming that they should get it today. I am thinking they should get it tonight. As far as I know, they keep saying they are going to format the computer & go from there, which is not the problem, & if it is, then I honestly don't want a computer that won't allow me to upgrade the operating system. I would really like to put WIndows 9 on the computer, or maybe partition the hard drive & put Linux on 1/2 or see if there is an extra hard drive port since I have noticed that most 17" laptops have that port, if it does, I'd like to put in another 1TB to use & put Linux on it maybe. But I can't do any of that uness my primary drive isn't running 100%. Also, I need it for school. Basically, if they get it tonight, I am going to try to stay on top of them to see if I can get them to wolve the problem.

camry1999
Paper Tape
Views: 1,162
Message 5 of 6

UPDATE:

So, I got a free box to ship the computer in & I sent it out. I got a notification saying they received it. So, I called them & asked t talk to their manager. I explained him the situation & he told me that he would personally stay on top of it & make sure it was done right. He had the situation escalated to the Senior Technicians & they discovered that the problem was the hard drive & the motherboard that were the problem & they replaced both. They said that was done but they are keeping it under observation so that they can make sure it's working perfectly. I told them to keep it for a couple extra days if they need to just to make sure it won't cause me any more trouble. They said I should expect it by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

camry1999
Paper Tape
Views: 1,137
Message 6 of 6

UPDATE:

So I got the computer back! I went to my class & I went to turn the computer on w/out the charger plugged in & nothing. So, I plugged in the charger, booted the computer & I went through all the out-of-the -box setup & I got to the deskktop & it still says, no battery is detected. I just don't understand!!! I spoke to a laywer regarding this & he says I have a case, I also spoke to Lenovo & I basically told him either I want a refund, a brand new computer or I'm taking them to court. They've escelated the case & I waited for the case manager to call but he didn't. Finally I called them & they said  they left me a voice mail (Which I never got). But they gave me the # to the person who will be handling the case. I left him a voicemail & I am hoping he calls me back.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors