04-29-2010 06:17 PM
How Can I do that?
Here is a copy of a post from Cleo at Lenovo this morning from another thread hope it helps.
04-29-2010 03:00 AM - last edited on 04-29-2010 03:13 AM
I'm so sorry that you have to wait for so long for these drivers. I understand it is hard to operate a system without a proper drivers.
I sincerely thank for your patience and info/feedback you have provided. They are very useful for us and for you too.
Again, i'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you very much!
05-01-2010 05:39 AM - edited 05-02-2010 02:21 AM
after you locate the .inf file for the driver that you want to install, manually install the new driver. to do this, follow these steps:
- click start, right-click computer, and then click properties.in the tasks pane, click device manager.
- if you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click continue.
- in device manager, locate the device for which you want to install the driver.
note to display hidden devices, click show hidden devices on the view menu.
- right-click the device, and then click update driver software.
- click browse my computer for driver software, click let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, and then click have disk.
- in the install from disk dialog box, click browse, locate an .inf file for the device driver that you want to install, and then click open.
- follow the steps in the update driver software devicename dialog box to update the driver
07-09-2010 04:36 PM
I have a similar problem but everytime i try to open my webcam with Easycapture it says "Failed to open camera" !!! . I can't find the device in the Device Manager list . Can U tell me where ir should be??? I tried to open it with another driver Yawcam and it sys NO DEVICE .... Do U have an idea how can i fix it ...???
My post :
I uninstalled Veriface from my laptop and Easycapture software didn't find my camera , but it was working with Skype .
I used One Key System Recovery and got my laptop like the first time ... But now no camera !!!! I tried Yawcam software too but nothing . I can't find my camera in the Hardware ...... May somebody help me out !!!!
04-22-2011 05:40 PM
I have a y530 and just recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. Like many others, my camera is not working. Not only is it not working, but it does not even show up as a device in Device Manager. Any suggestions on what I need to do to have the camera recognized? I tried to add a device and let the system discover the camera, but it also did not find anything. Suggestions?
04-23-2011 04:40 AM - edited 04-23-2011 04:42 AM
install power management first, press fn + esc to activate the camera. then you'll be able to install its drivers.
then take a look at this thread ( first pages ). we already have a solution.
06-16-2015 03:26 PM
Hello, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, Fn + ESC, used a generic driver, manually installed the driver, updated windows, Skype, and adobe flash. No luck yet and the camera used to work I took several pictures with it. I have no problems finding the drivers in device manager and Skype will also find it just wont turn on and give video. Other applications like Cameroid don't work either, I haven't changed anything other then my location on earth. Are there any other ways to get this Webcam working again? I have Windows 7 64(bit) Oh and none of your links work anymore, but I do have energy managment already installed but FN + ESC doesnt seem to do anything.