12-01-2018

US

5 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 3

Ideapad y410p stuck on Lenovo screen

2018-12-01, 13:23 PM

OK I have a problem with my Y410P hanging up on boot on the Lenovo screen forever. I have let it sit for over and hour and it never boots up. However, if I holf down the power button until it turns off it will move pass the Lenovo screen and then boots up, nut it takes forever. I have read just about everything I can on this problem! Started without the battery and just plugged in, same problem. I replaced the HHD last night with a Samsung EVO 860 SSD as I read it could be a HDD going bad. I disabled the Liteon 24gb SSD caching SSD, with no improvement. Downloaded the Lenovo diagonistic tool for windows and nothing checks out bad all the hardware in the laptop comes back as working. All the drivers are update.....etc...... Any ideas what could be the problem?

Options

2297 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3347 Signins

40975 Page Views

• Views: 40975
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad y410p stuck on Lenovo screen

2018-12-01, 13:28 PM

Try draining the residue power: 

1. Disconnect the charger from the laptop. Also, disconnect the battery if your laptop has a replaceable battery. If not, you can bypass this step.
2. Press and hold the Power Button for 30 seconds. 
3. Plug the charger back in (and battery if you took that out) and power on the laptop. 

Also try going into your BIOS Setup and defaulting the BIOS settings by pressing the F9 key then save your changes and exit the BIOS.

Let me know if that helps

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!
Options

3 Posts

12-01-2018

US

5 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad y410p stuck on Lenovo screen

2019-02-26, 8:28 AM

Eric,

Thanks for the suggestions for my problem. However, once I replaced the 24 gb caching SSD and this fixed the problem. 

Jake

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete