Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jake8587
Paper Tape
Views: 547
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad y410p stuck on Lenovo screen

OK I have a problem with my Y410P hanging up on boot on the Lenovo screen forever. I have let it sit for over and hour and it never boots up. However, if I holf down the power button until it turns off it will move pass the Lenovo screen and then boots up, nut it takes forever. I have read just about everything I can on this problem! Started without the battery and just plugged in, same problem. I replaced the HHD last night with a Samsung EVO 860 SSD as I read it could be a HDD going bad. I disabled the Liteon 24gb SSD caching SSD, with no improvement. Downloaded the Lenovo diagonistic tool for windows and nothing checks out bad all the hardware in the laptop comes back as working. All the drivers are update.....etc...... Any ideas what could be the problem?

Guru
Views: 544
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad y410p stuck on Lenovo screen

Try draining the residue power: 

1. Disconnect the charger from the laptop. Also, disconnect the battery if your laptop has a replaceable battery. If not, you can bypass this step.
2. Press and hold the Power Button for 30 seconds. 
3. Plug the charger back in (and battery if you took that out) and power on the laptop. 

Also try going into your BIOS Setup and defaulting the BIOS settings by pressing the F9 key then save your changes and exit the BIOS.

Let me know if that helps

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

jake8587
Paper Tape
Views: 365
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad y410p stuck on Lenovo screen

Eric,

Thanks for the suggestions for my problem. However, once I replaced the 24 gb caching SSD and this fixed the problem. 

Jake

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors