10-08-2015 07:44 AM
10-08-2015 09:10 AM
Your problem might be similar to this thread.
When a machine gets stucked during POST (Lenovo splash screen) then there's usually a hardware component inside that's not properly initializing (e.g., the HDD)
Things that you can try:
1. Remove all connected peripherals (e.g., USB flashdrive, printers, etc.)
2. Restart the machine and boot into the BIOS by continuously tapping F2. If successful, check if HDD and/or SSD if it's detected.
3. If you have experience in laptop disassembly, consider removing the drive and reseat it. You can also convert it to an external drive by using a SATA enclosure so it can be connected to another PC to backup some files and run some diagnostics on the drive.
- see page 37-40 of the HMM
- HDD upgrade video (skip to 0:55 for HDD removal)
Let me know how it goes.
10-08-2015 09:43 AM
10-08-2015 10:39 AM
If you have the Y410p non-SLI version then I'm afraid there's not much else that we can do except doing a power drain (remove AC adapter & battery --> hold the power button for 20secs --> reconnect the AC adapter and power up the machine). This procedure gets rid of excessive power build-up on hardware.
If the machine still doesn't work then I"m afraid you will need to open up the machine or have a professional tech.take a look at it for further diagnosis / problem isolation.