cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dHarton
Paper Tape
Views: 281
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad y410p stuck on login screen again!

Hey all,

When trying to start up my Lenovo Ideapad y410p, the Lenovo logo appears, and I can hear the fan begin to run. But the screen never changes. I've tried booting it with just the battery in, and without the battery and just the charger but no change. What should I try to do?

The text above describes my problem and I've had it before. Last time it began working again before I got an answer from the forum. It runs windows 8.1 and did not crash before this; I closed the laptop before bed and I woke up to this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 269
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad y410p stuck on login screen again!

hi dHarton,

Your problem might be similar to this thread.

When a machine gets stucked during POST (Lenovo splash screen) then there's usually a hardware component inside that's not properly initializing (e.g., the HDD)

Things that you can try:

1. Remove all connected peripherals (e.g., USB flashdrive, printers, etc.)

2. Restart the machine and boot into the BIOS by continuously tapping F2. If successful, check if HDD and/or SSD if it's detected.

- Sample image

3. If you have experience in laptop disassembly, consider removing the drive and reseat it. You can also convert it to an external drive by using a SATA enclosure so it can be connected to another PC to backup some files and run some diagnostics on the drive.

HDD Removal:

- see page 37-40 of the HMM

- HDD upgrade video (skip to 0:55 for HDD removal) 

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

dHarton
Paper Tape
Views: 260
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your response neokenchi!

I wasn't able to get into the BIOS menu. I'm a little hesitant to try to remove the HDD myself. Is there anything else I should try before trying to get a technician to look at it?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 252
Message 4 of 5

hi,

If you have the Y410p non-SLI version then I'm afraid there's not much else that we can do except doing a power drain (remove AC adapter & battery --> hold the power button for 20secs --> reconnect the AC adapter and power up the machine). This procedure gets rid of excessive power build-up on hardware.

If the machine still doesn't work then I"m afraid you will need to open up the machine or have a professional tech.take a look at it for further diagnosis / problem isolation.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

dHarton
Paper Tape
Views: 248
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for your help, I'll get it looked at.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors