Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcboncs
Paper Tape
Views: 8,613
Message 1 of 12

Ideapad y510p Touchpad Permanent Disable

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a permanent way to disable the touchpad on this y510p.  I hate hitting fn f6 every boot, wake from sleep, etc.

I checked the registry in hklm microsoft windows currentversion run but didn't see any prefixes of syn* in any of the entries.  I checked into RTFTrack.exe and that seems to be the camera.  Is there a way I can disable this touchpad permanently?

Thanks

bcboncs
Paper Tape
Views: 8,543
Message 2 of 12

Re: Ideapad y510p Touchpad Permanent Disable

bump

Moderator comment: Please refrain from bumping your thread(s) / post(s) more frequently than 3 days. Doing so, unfairly, pushes other members' threads downwards. Most recent bumping post(s) removed.

ministry22
What's DOS?
Views: 8,511
Message 3 of 12

yes it's very frustating we can't disable it !!! Always when i reboot  i must do F6 ...

Please Lenovo can we have a solution ???

Thanks

bcboncs
Paper Tape
Views: 8,474
Message 4 of 12

bump

Guru
Views: 8,459
Message 5 of 12

Right now I am not in front of my Laptop but I think these steps might work.

1. Go to the upper right side (corner) of the screen to bring out the charms menu and go into PC Settings.

2. Click on PC and Devices.

3. You should see something related to mouse or TouchPad.

4. If there is an option, you can Disable it.

You can also try these,

1. Go to Control Panel.

2. Click on Device Manager.

3. Find and Click on Mice and other pointing devices.

4. Select the MousePad and right click on it.

5. If there is an option then DISABLE it or click on PROPERTIES.

6. Go to the Driver tab and click Disable.

I will check and post exact steps later, if I find something different.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
ministry22
What's DOS?
Views: 8,446
Message 6 of 12

nope this solution dosent work because i can't disable it .. Disable button is grey and we cant .

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 8,437
Message 7 of 12

@bcboncs wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a permanent way to disable the touchpad on this y510p.  I hate hitting fn f6 every boot, wake from sleep, etc.

I checked the registry in hklm microsoft windows currentversion run but didn't see any prefixes of syn* in any of the entries.  I checked into RTFTrack.exe and that seems to be the camera.  Is there a way I can disable this touchpad permanently?

Thanks

I have Elantech touchpad. Based on it you can't permanently disable it if you don't have a usb pointing device. See picture below for the option to disable for Elantech touchpad.

disable touchpad.JPG

bcboncs
Paper Tape
Views: 8,408
Message 8 of 12

I figured out how to fix it.  I had to install the touchpad drivers first (which is a weird step because I don't want to use it) and then I had that ELAN tab that LenBlazer showed.  I could then use that checkbox and that disabled my touchpad.

Drivers that I downloaded are located http://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-y-series-laptops/ideapad...

Thanks for helping

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 8,341
Message 9 of 12

@bcboncs wrote:

I figured out how to fix it.  I had to install the touchpad drivers first (which is a weird step because I don't want to use it) and then I had that ELAN tab that LenBlazer showed.  I could then use that checkbox and that disabled my touchpad.

Drivers that I downloaded are located http://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-y-series-laptops/ideapad...

Thanks for helping

As stated earlier the pre-condition to permanently disable the touchpad is to have a usb pointing device connected permanently. Without the USB pointing device connection you won't be able to disable the touchpad even if you have that checkbox checked.

mibrio
What's DOS?
Views: 5,366
Message 10 of 12

successfully installed windows 10 but touchpad doesent't work on my y510p !!! help me please !!!

********************************************************************************

now with last driver for win 8.1, it'ok and work all fine !!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors