Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dalakotiaditya
Paper Tape
Views: 2,390
Message 11 of 21

Re: Ideapad y510p elan touchpad erratic jumping and clicking

@Thisisoldhat . I am also facing a similar problem. It would be really helpful to know how you resolved it.

Regards

shfearon
Token Ring
Views: 2,373
Message 12 of 21

I had to bring it to a service center and hey replaced the touchpad. unfortunately the touchpad is built into the entire panel that surrounds the keyboard so you will lose the stickers that come with your machine
Thisisoldhat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,343
Message 13 of 21

Hi,

yeh I havent at all resolved this, infact it is just getting worse and worse to the point now where I only really use it with a mouse plugged in and the touch pad off.

I havent followed the full driver procedure posted earlier - havent found the time so as soon as my workload eases up I'm gonna take it somewhere to get it repaired.

I'm prety certain its a hardwear problem rather than software. Not really based that on anything, just the fact that it is so insane it just seems like its being interfered with by the electronics in the computer. (you get kind of the same effect if you drape an earphone cable over it while playing music.)

Its a total pain though as I use it every day to work on and I'm free lance... Using such shody components in such an expensive machine just isnt a very good show.

Does anyone know what the repair service is like on these in the UK? I'm well within warranty.
 I'm London based. I know its different from the thinkpad section of the business...

djt205
Paper Tape
Views: 2,190
Message 14 of 21

Hi Thisisoldhat and others,

I had the same thing with it just getting worse and worse. It got to the point where I avoided using the machine because of the awful touchpad.
What I did in the end was find a top case on eBay fitted with the Synaptics pad. The difference is night and day and it cost me about £80.

Maybe see if you can get that done under warranty? I actually enjoy using my Y510P again!

shfearon
Token Ring
Views: 2,160
Message 15 of 21

the touchpad is covered by warranty so u shouldnt have to pay for it. even worse its a factory problem
djt205
Paper Tape
Views: 2,158
Message 16 of 21

Agreed, I would go as far as to say the Elan pad is 'not fit for purpose'.

Mine certainly wasn't. Mine would also wander around and click on random things with the laptop lid closed.
shfearon
Token Ring
Views: 2,158
Message 17 of 21

Problem fixed, had to get the top panel with the touchpad replaced by a lenovo service center
djt205
Paper Tape
Views: 2,155
Message 18 of 21

Great, glad you got it sorted.
Thisisoldhat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,096
Message 19 of 21

Hi, I'm glad you got that sorted out.

I'm finnally getting time to get this sorted out too. Are you UK based?

I've tried to navigate the website to find out what to do if I need a warrant repair but the link to "find a service centre" is broken*

I'm London based. does anyone know how I should approach this?

Thanks

*My cynical side is nagging me to add "predictably" here...

Highlighted
netmouser
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,057
Message 20 of 21

I have a new Yoga 510 15" screen.  The Elan touchpad driver is year 2016.  There is crazy phantom-clicking and I lost a few key files. 

I solved the problem by always having used a small HP wireless mouse.  I also have a wireless keyboard, if traveling I do sometimes use the laptop keyboard.  But always the wireless mouse. 

I also adjusted Windows 10 settings for touchpad, and clicked the Elan tab and changed some settings, so I may experiment with the touchpad later.

LOVE my wireless mouse. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors