Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
despairr
Paper Tape
Views: 297
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad y510p partitioning problems

Okay i just bought a Lenovo y510p 

It came with windows 8.1 which we all know **bleep**in sucks. I then partitioned it installing windows 7 and Kali Linux. Well it deleted one of my OEM partitions... and now on windows my networks are not connecting... as well as a few other functions like the screen brightness. My linux deleted it and im not really sure why being that i manually went through and told it what to format. So... What can i do about this?

Do I need to reinstall drivers? Update Bios? Etc? its brand new id think itd be plug and play. Might i add all functionality is the same in linux minus the screen brightness doesnt work? The keyboard lights still change and most of the other functions are still fine when i bought it the screen adjust was working fine.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 268
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad y510p partitioning problems

@despairr wrote:

Okay i just bought a Lenovo y510p 

It came with windows 8.1 which we all know **bleep**in sucks. I then partitioned it installing windows 7 and Kali Linux. Well it deleted one of my OEM partitions... and now on windows my networks are not connecting... as well as a few other functions like the screen brightness. My linux deleted it and im not really sure why being that i manually went through and told it what to format. So... What can i do about this?

Do I need to reinstall drivers? Update Bios? Etc? its brand new id think itd be plug and play. Might i add all functionality is the same in linux minus the screen brightness doesnt work? The keyboard lights still change and most of the other functions are still fine when i bought it the screen adjust was working fine.

The way I look at the problem its a lot of mess. Better let Lenovo restore your unit to factory default. After that try to read some of the problems related to what you are doing before implementing whats in your mind.

despairr
Paper Tape
Views: 259
Message 3 of 4

It's okay i fixed it. Thanks for your lack there of help. Like i stated could it be drivers or bios. And it was. 

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 234
Message 4 of 4

@despairr wrote:

It's okay i fixed it. Thanks for your lack there of help. Like i stated could it be drivers or bios. And it was. 

Re: lack of help, the advice given is the easiest help that I can think of because your problem can result to a very long discussion on informations needed which you can actually get through already discussed topics by other members in the forum. And it can lead to a worse situation if wrong steps are followed.

It seems to be fixed by now but have you tried testing OKR, and other features, etc?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors