cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bills007
What's DOS?
Views: 342
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad y560 will not boot to bios(Black Screen) but will boot to windows 10 and function normally

I have a IdeaPad Y560. We have had a strange problem for some time that I'm not sure how to solve. The laptop works fine once you've booted into windows but for some reason pressing F2 or F12 to either enter the boot or setup menu does not work. The screen simply goes black and stays that way. It is almost like I'm in the bios but can't see it on the screen. I have update the bios via the OS without a problem but the issue remains.

privsurfer
What's DOS?
Views: 275
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad y560 will not boot to bios(Black Screen) but will boot to windows 10 and function normal

Same here...

the problem started with me trying to update to windows 10.. Initially the update didnt work and i got reverted back to windows 7.. Later, however, i downloaded the win 10 ISO manualy and was succesful in updating to a Windows 10.. Within a couple of days however, all I got was a blank screen on booting to windows(the lenovo and BIOS worked currently until that time). So, I made a live win 10 DVD and reset my installation to a fresh install (kept my files). The installation aborted mid way.. Then, I had to reinstall freshly without keeping my files..

Now, Win 10 works alrite but then while trying to go to my BIOS menu, nothing happens and I just get booted straight to the Windows environment..

Can someone tell me what happened?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors