Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
50shadesofray
Paper Tape
Views: 711
Message 1 of 6

Ideapad z500: Keyboard backlight/Screen brightness not working

The hard drive died so I bought and installed an SSD into the system, fresh install of Windows 10 64bit. I have managed to find the chipset and other basic drivers but have no ability to turn the backlight of the keyboard on or adjust the screen brightness. I believe the brightness of the screen can be resolved by rolling back to a previous intel HD driver however no matter what I have tried cannot get the backlight of the keyboard to function. Any assisstance would be greatly appreciated!

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 694
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ideapad z500: Keyboard backlight/Screen brightness not working

Please check this link which claimed to solve the problem on brightness.

50shadesofray
Paper Tape
Views: 678
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for replying however this did not solve my issue :/ the brightness of the screen isn't that much of a concern to me when compared to the backlight of the keyboard. 

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 667
Message 4 of 6

@50shadesofray wrote:

Thank you for replying however this did not solve my issue :/ the brightness of the screen isn't that much of a concern to me when compared to the backlight of the keyboard. 

Two problems were presented and I choose the brightness first since there is a readily available suggested solution. As to the backlight of the keyboard what I know is that it should be part of the OS provided you install the chipset driver. A reboot and bios reset might help.

50shadesofray
Paper Tape
Views: 657
Message 5 of 6

Installed the latest chipset. and reset bios. no change. I am aware that the keyboard is functioning because it works with the old harddrive
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 648
Message 6 of 6

@50shadesofray wrote:
Installed the latest chipset. and reset bios. no change. I am aware that the keyboard is functioning because it works with the old harddrive

That's all I know. I use a different procedure when changing hdd in my Z500. But I believe it is no longer applicable in your case.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors