Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 4 (2,065 Views)

Ideapad z500 NVidia Problem

[ Edited ]

Hi all.

I bought a Lenovo z500 notebook 3 days ago. Everything is perfect but I have a big problem. As you know, this machine has 2 graphic cards, one of them is Intel and another is NVidia.

-  I have downloaded the Intel Graphic drivers from Lenovo's support website and I could install it correctly. However, if I try to install a NVidia driver it says "Graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"  I tried the newest driver and some old drivers +  the driver from Lenovo Support website but I couldnt install it.

-  Also there is nothing about NVidia in the Device Manager. It only shows Intel graphic card.

-  Monitoring programs like AIDA64, CPU-Z, GPU-Z  show only Intel, they cannot see NVidia too.

-  I updated the bios to the newest version, v18 but nothing changed.

-  Graphic setting is "Switchable" in the bios.

Now,  how can I fix this problem ?

Thanks.

Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 4 (2,036 Views)

Re: Ideapad z500 NVidia Problem

Emperion wrote:

Hi all.

I bought a Lenovo z500 notebook 3 days ago. Everything is perfect but I have a big problem. As you know, this machine has 2 graphic cards, one of them is Intel and another is NVidia.

-  I have downloaded the Intel Graphic drivers from Lenovo's support website and I could install it correctly. However, if I try to install a NVidia driver it says "Graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"  I tried the newest driver and some old drivers +  the driver from Lenovo Support website but I couldnt install it.

-  Also there is nothing about NVidia in the Device Manager. It only shows Intel graphic card.

-  Monitoring programs like AIDA64, CPU-Z, GPU-Z  show only Intel, they cannot see NVidia too.

-  I updated the bios to the newest version, v18 but nothing changed.

-  Graphic setting is "Switchable" in the bios.

Now,  how can I fix this problem ?

Thanks.

See if this will help:

1. Go to device manager

2. Click "Action"

3. Select "Add legacy hardware"

4. Follow instructions

Punch Card
Message 3 of 4 (1,999 Views)

I was having the same issue, i downloaded the latest driver from nvidia website and tried to run the installation several times, the second time it detected and installed my driver. Good luck !

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 4 (1,969 Views)

Hey again. Sorry for inactivity.

Unfortunately, I couldnt solve this problem. I've called Lenovo support line but they couldnt solve too. They said the problem might be physical so I gave it to the technical service last wednesday. It was a bad experience, Im waiting a service report to change the notebook with a new one now.
Top kudoed Authors