Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 5 (278 Views)

Ideapad z500 touch How to open up?

Hi.  Im wanting to get into my laptop (it is pretty broken and I just want to see wires are connected etc)... but I cant work out how to open it up!

Ive unscrewed all the screws, gently tried to force gaps in parts, used a screw driver to try and prize up the keys in the keyboard etc, I just cant work it out!

Can someone please advise me what to do? 

The laptop is out of warrenty, paid to have it repaired and they just gave me a £500 bill to which I laughed.  I have a spare macbook running windows, so this more than willing to 'experiment' with this one.  Thanks for any help

Guru
Message 2 of 5 (248 Views)

Re: Ideapad z500 touch How to open up?

I've opened my Z500 Touch before to upgrade a hard drive. Make sure all screws are unscrewed (BTW: there are no screws hidden in the rubber feet). Then, you'll need a prying tool- I suggest getting a cheap plastic one from Amazon or eBay. This will allow you to release the clips that hold the bottom case to the chasis. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Community Moderator
Message 3 of 5 (243 Views)

Welcome to the Lenovo Community arby16 !

The Z500 has two screws on the base that need to be removed for keyboard removal. I would think the Z500 Touch has a similar arrangement unfortunately I can't find documentation specific to the Touch.  Remove the keyboard first by removing the two screws on the bottom then use a small screw driver in one of the holes to gently push out the keyboard.  The keyboard should have several tabs on its edge that retains the keyboard in place.  By pushing the keyboard out, you flex the keyboard so the edge tabs release. 

Here is a Z500 Lenovo Training Video that will demonstrate the various procedures and hopefully be applicable to the Z500 Touch.....

https://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/showcase?sid=557&key=TGVuZw==

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue,      posting in the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5 (237 Views)

which prying tool would you recommend from amazon?
Guru
Message 5 of 5 (232 Views)

Here's a whole set: https://www.amazon.com/Repair-Opening-Screwdriver-iPhone-Samsung/dp/B00GYO7OT6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qi...

There are definetely cheaper ones on there too. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Top kudoed Authors