Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pooei
Paper Tape
Views: 516
Message 1 of 8

Ideapad z510 boots up after a long delay

Recently, when I power up my laptop, the screen is black and only fan is working. It boots up after 2 to 30 minutes and display 'lenovo' logo.

I checked the solution of separating battery and press and hold the power button, but it doesn't work.

My operating system (win7) is healthy and I checked other hardwares like RAM, HDD, CPU, all of them are healthy too.

I updated my windows but not BIOS.

How can I solve this problem??

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 485
Message 2 of 8

Re: Ideapad z510 boots up after a long delay

Hi Pooei!

Welcome to our Community Forums! 

There may be an underlying issue with the hard drive of your computer. Could you download and run the Lenovo Solution Center? This app will identify if there are any hardware issues with it. Looking forward to the results.

Lenovo Solution Center link : https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds104501

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Pooei
Paper Tape
Views: 474
Message 3 of 8

As you know this feature has several errors in lenovo website! and I saw other unanswered posts related to using 'Automatic Driver Update'. I downloaded 'lenovo system update version 5' and it didn't recognize anything new to upgrade. I think all of my drivers are up-to-date, and I guess this problem emerges from my BIOS, but I cannot find it.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 467
Message 4 of 8

As for the BIOS settings, is it set to UEFI or Legacy? You can check it by booting to the BIOS of the computer using its Novo Button and go to Boot Mode. You can also reset its default settings by pressing Fn+F9 to load default settings and then Fn+F10 to save and exit. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pooei
Paper Tape
Views: 463
Message 5 of 8

I think I set it to UEFI before. Unfortunately, after a restart or powering up, the system may not boot properly that I can refer it to BIOS with F2 key or Novo button (I set F keys without using Fn). But I try to do your command to reset settings.
Pooei
Paper Tape
Views: 453
Message 6 of 8

I've done reset by F9 key but nothing has changed and it doesn't boot, up to now.

It is very strange for me that when it boots, every thing is ok and it seems that there is no problem in hardware devices.

But every time that I power up my laptop, it boots late and later. It is about 10 hours that it cannot boot with Lenovo logo.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 449
Message 7 of 8

We've checked some discussion and found the issue is also caused by the USB boot that is enabled in the BIOS. Boot into BIOS again and check the USB Boot in the Boot Tab. Also, once you're in the BIOS, kindly check the HDD in the Information tab.

Reference:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-ideapad-Z510-startup-problem/td-p/358176...

Pooei
Paper Tape
Views: 435
Message 8 of 8

Yes, I disabled boot from USB before and it wasn't the reason of my problem.
I was forced to pick my laptop to a technician and he reprogrammed the input circuit of the motherboard. He said that a 'failed windows update' could be the reason of this problem, but he didn't say that which circuit was programmed by him!
The problem is rectified now and every thing is okay.
Thank you all

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors