Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adoll
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,444
Message 1 of 8

Ideapad z510 problems

I purchased Lenovo Ideapad z510, and regardless it's poor battery performance I enjoy it a lot it's amazing, how ever I am having those issues and would highly appreciate some tips or help :

Whenever I charge the battery it never reach to 100% and when I take it off the charger and use the battery it keeps saying 99% even with no charger on, and does not show warning messages about low battery like 10 % remaning and 7% remaning .. like it used to do in the past and just shuts down.. 

I tried the battery gauge reset with the Lenovo's Enery Manager app but no luck!

My other question is there speceifc program that can check the fan status? I am afraid it might not be working proberly like before. 

And my last question can I buy only specific parts of the keyboard? my cat removed two buttons of my keyboard and it is too expensive to replace the whole keyboard with the backlit because it's working perfectly fine!

Thank you.

bcl400
What's DOS?
Views: 5,191
Message 2 of 8

Re: Ideapad z510 problems

Did you find any solution for this?

Thanks

r

egarakesh
What's DOS?
Views: 4,431
Message 3 of 8

Did anyone found a solution for this? 

anasanzari
Paper Tape
Views: 4,391
Message 4 of 8

I'm also having the same issue. Smiley Sad

Benthe
What's DOS?
Views: 4,278
Message 5 of 8

I've bought mine Z510 recently and I have the same problem. When I contacted the helpdesk they told me I had to reinstall some hardware things. When I did that the same problem occured. The laptop goes out without a warning, according to the batterypicture in the taskbar I've got plenty power. And then the laptop goes out.

So has anyone of you found the solution? Because I'd rather solve it myself then send it for repairs, then my laptop is gone for weeks.

ThanxSmiley Happy

Former Employee
Views: 2,967
Message 6 of 8

In response to customer reports of unexpected issues with battery performance on Z500 and Z510 laptops, Lenovo is making a battery firmware update available via download from the Lenovo Forums.

This battery firmware is intended to resolve the following unexpected charging symptoms when a Z500 or Z510 laptop is powered on:

• Battery is dead
  • Battery is not detected
  • Battery is detected and charged to 100% but when AC power is removed, the laptop immediately powers off
  • When the battery is fully charged and AC power is removed, battery level falls dramatically within 10 minutes

Please note a step-by-step procedure for upgrading the firmware is included in the .zip file, found in the "ReadMe" folder.

The battery firmware update can be downloaded here: https://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/sm/z500_z510_battery_firmware_update.zip

Thank you,

ramanichavan
What's DOS?
Views: 2,256
Message 7 of 8

Did not help.

I got a message displayed as " This system is not supported or not configured for battery firmware update"

What shoul I do?

I have a Z510 laptop Windows 10 Home, Version 1511, OS Build 10586.420.

Intel(R) Core (TM) i5 -4200M processor CPU@2.500 GHz

64 bit OS

8 GB RAM

ShwetaS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,091
Message 8 of 8

Even my laptop shows a message that "The exists no battery that requires a firmware upgrade"  even when I'm facing the very same issues withthebattery:-

1. Battery is not charging

2. Battery percentage is stuck at 22% , down from 56%

3. Laptop shuts down when AC plug is removed, even with 40% battery charge.

Pleaase help.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors