Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spookctz
What's DOS?
Views: 691
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad z575 wifi not connecting

I have had my laptop for over a year now. My wifi has been working fine the whole time. We recently got a new modem, and ever since then its not working, I have 2 other Lenovo laptops connected wirelessly to the router and they are working fine. We also have a pc connected direct to the router and it has no issues. 

Only mine is a problem. F5 function shows its on aswell as the switch under the mousepad is on. I can see wireless connections - all but the one i need to connect to. I have manually tried to connect, but still nothing. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 639
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad z575 wifi not connecting

hi Spookctz,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

If you're getting an error "Windows was unable to connect" everytime you try to connect to your WiFi Network, try to:

1. Check the Fix “Windows is Unable to Connect to the Selected Network” article for resolution

2. Check your modem/router for WMM (Wireless MultiMedia) and disable it. If you have a Netgear router, check this article.

Let me know your findings

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors