Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ideapadz580
What's DOS?
Views: 1,520
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad z580 series keypad issues

Hi,

I am facing key pad problem with ideapadz580.

The keys "9","O","L","." are not working remaining all keys are working perfectly.

Please provide me a solutions.

* I did restart and reinstalling drivers but of no use.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,496
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad z580 series keypad issues

Hi and welcome to the lenovo forums.

Can you try to boot into Safe Mode and see if all of the keyboard keys are working.

If all of the keys are working, there's most likely an third party application that's disabling the "9","O","L"," and "." keys. Perform a clean boot to isolate what app is causing the issue.

If all of the keyboard keys still doesn't work in Safe Mode then this is most likely a defective keyboard and you need to contact lenovo for service.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

ideapadz580
What's DOS?
Views: 1,478
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

I did the same thing but no use, unfortunately "P",";","0","?" keys also not working now along with "O,L,.,&9" keys. Smiley Sad

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,451
Message 4 of 4

hi,

It looks the problem is getting worst. I recommend you contact lenovo ASAP to report the issue (they'll most likely ask you to send the unit for service).

Best regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors