Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taqaddus
What's DOS?
Views: 2,147
Message 1 of 4

Idepad Z410 battery always at 99% or 100%

Hi,

Have been using Ideapad Z410 from past 6 months.  From past week the Laptop shuts down without warning, and the battery level is at 99% or 100%.  Only when the unit shutsdown, and when I start up again, that the battery indicator starts from 0 and goes to 99% or 100% and stays there.  I have also doen the Battery Meter Reset, but of no benefit.

What is the problem, and what should I do.

Should I claim under warranty ?

CuddlyDons
Punch Card
Views: 2,095
Message 2 of 4

Re: Idepad Z410 battery always at 99% or 100%

I wouldn't expect much of an answer from them, the same happens to the Z510 I have and it happens to the Z500 models before it, they'll tell you to send it in under warranty but that will not solve the problem as it will happen again after a few months and I need the laptop for work, I didn't buy it so that after half a year I would have to send it away for 2-3 weeks, I bought the thing because it is needed here. They need a battery firmware update but that too is too hard for them to do. These problems are being experienced by people worldwide and I am seriously considering reporting them to watchdog here in the UK. They should not be shipping laptops that have known issues and then offer no fix.
alf0412
Paper Tape
Views: 1,954
Message 3 of 4

I sent my Z410 with the same problem in for repairs. Mine stopped working one week after the year warranty expired. I'm just glad I bought the extended warranty. Lenovo was able to recreate the problem and replace my battery. I asked them why I wasn't notified if this was a known issue for anyone owning a Z series and they told me it wasn't a known issue yet....I told her to go read the forums. I also purchased in January 2014.

pond25
What's DOS?
Views: 1,579
Message 4 of 4

I think I just discovered a way to handle it..
So you have to fully charge it first (it will stuck at 99% for quite a long time but it will reach 100% eventually). And when you'd done this, unplug the charger and it'll work like a normal battery indicator.

Although I still suggest you to get another battery indicator software, I personally use BatteryCare.net and haven't found any problem at all.

Hope it helps!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors