Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thermographer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,966
Message 1 of 3

Installing Large Software c drive too small

Sorry for the newb questions.  I'm not very computer savy and this might have already been answered. I'll put on the flame suit now.

This is a brand new Y510, windows vista. I went to install Microsoft Flight Simulator and of course it says that C drive is too small. I tried to install to D drive but it says that you can not put that in the root directory. Help?

Other than that, this has been a great buy!

Message Edited by Thermographer on 05-28-2008 10:46 AM

Message Edited by Thermographer on 05-28-2008 10:48 AM
Retired Guru
Views: 1,931
Message 2 of 3

Re: Installing Large Software c drive too small

Not familiar with this game... Anyway, try freeing some space on C:.
You may disable hibernation, change location of swapfile (Win+Pause->Advanced->Advansed->Settings->Advanced->Virtual memory change->Uncheck "automatic"->Reallocate swapfile on drive D;  It's amount must be formed to make both your RAM and swap summary weight 4 GB), disable system restore, relocate your documents to another folder on drive D (rightlick on folder->Properties->Location).
But does it really worth this?
Interestign fact - Microsoft's game is not running by default on Microsoft's OS and there's no option to change installation location... Or is it?
//help will save the world
shoguevara
Serial Port
Views: 1,895
Message 3 of 3

Re: Installing Large Software c drive too small

So, do not put it in root, just create some folder(i.e. games or program files) on D drive and install it there.

Message Edited by shoguevara on 06-02-2008 11:58 AM

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors