Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jeanclaud5
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,668
Message 1 of 6

Installing VISTA Ultimate 64 on ideapad 510

I have got an Ideapad 510 installed with Vista 32. I took out the disc and created without problem a new disc with Win XP (I downloaded the drivers from Lenovo support site).

I tried to create a third disc with Vista 64 Ultimate. I got a sufficiently well functioning system except on one point: the Nvidia graphic card the Vista 32 driver does not want to install, 64 bits drivers from Nvidia don't want to install.

Instead the standard VGA driver is automatically installed.

Of course I get a performance factor of 1 because of the graphic cards not installed.

Has someone  succeeded to run Vista 64 and installed the Nvidia driver?

Thks
Retired Guru
Views: 3,641
Message 2 of 6

Re: Installing VISTA Ultimate 64 on ideapad 510

jeanclaud5 , Specially for people that think that FAQs are for lamers, I repeat the FAQ information - THIS SITE WILL HELP.

//help will save the world
jeanclaud5
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,627
Message 3 of 6

I am 1 day old on this forum. In the FAQ I did not find exact info on how to install graphic card driver under Vista 64.
Retired Guru
Views: 3,620
Message 4 of 6

Q: I don't understand whether Y510 or Y710 has Intel GMA or nVidia videocard?
A: Different versions have different VGA modules under hood. For nVidia cards you may try modified drivers on your own decision - usually they don't cause any troubles.
Y710 also may use ATI graphics. (LINKS TO OEM / NON LENOVO DRIVERS PROVIDED AS IS - NO EXPRESSED WARRANTY AS TO THEIR SUITABILITY OR VIABILITY)

Here is a link in FAQ of download page of the site with modified drivers that can be used on nVidia cards.
Do you need help in downloading and installing them? laptopvideo2go.com
//help will save the world
jeanclaud5
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,606
Message 5 of 6

I visited the indicate site downloaded the tool for installing graphic drivers, installation was successful, I installed a Geforce 8600GTS although I have someting like 8400 it works but I got the performance factor of 3,4 that I get with Vista 32. NO MIRACLE!!
 Vista 64 runs faster than VISTA 32 although I have the same 2GB and a slower disc.
Thks a lot for sharing your knowledge.
shoguevara
Serial Port
Views: 3,487
Message 6 of 6

Installing x64 will not boost your videocard, it only optimzizes CPU working(it's like the man reads - children see anly letters when they are reading, adults see whole words, phrases and sometimes the whole sentenses, the x32 CPU reads data in portions of 32 bit, x64 - 64 bit portions). So, installing x64 you'll get only applications written for x64 working faster.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors