Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neuneu78
Paper Tape
Views: 642
Message 1 of 2

Installing a new Hard Drive and intel turbo memory help

Hello everyone,

I've bought a new Y530 laptop 1 month ago, everythings was ok but I want to change my disk, I taking a look here if they exist a "How to" for replace the Hard Drive but didn't found one.

I want to know who to replace my HDD, but keeping the OneKey recovery parition and increase the capacity of my D:  for saving my document in case of crash and split my C: for installing Vista and linux.Actually I have a 11Go for my Linux but I want to extend it to 20Go.

I look into this topic for partitioning the disk but I didn't know if it's work, can someone tell me if he tests this solutions and if it's works?

I've an another question, is it possible to add a Intel Turbo Memory module on this laptop?I disassemble it without finding a slot for this; if someone have one can he gives me the solution?

Thanks for your help.See you soon.

Sorry if my english was bad, I'm french.

Retired Guru
Views: 636
Message 2 of 2

Re: Installing a new Hard Drive and intel turbo memory help

Replacing a hard drive is quite easy. You have two removeable panels on the bottom of the laptop. The smaller panel close to the "Dolby Home Theater" logo is where the hard drive is. Just remove the screw and pull the panel off. Then slide the hard drive out away from the SATA connector. In that same area is a second mini-PCI Express slot for which you can install an Intel Turbo Memory module.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors