Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lalitpalve
Paper Tape
Views: 2,572
Message 1 of 4

Installing windows xp in z570.

I want to install windows xp as a fresh operating system in my lenovo z570 i5 processor laptop.What are steps to be followed. Please help.

mado134
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,566
Message 2 of 4

Re: Installing windows xp in z570.

search youtube ... u will find a lot of ways to do it 

as i remember u do the following :

1 - boot with ur win xp CD

2- install it normally 

3- after installing put ur win7 DVD to fix start up prob

4- restart and u will find both win7 and XP

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,559
Message 3 of 4

Hello and welcome,

Are you installing from Microsoft media?  If  so, you will have to go to BIOS and set the HDD mode to "compatibility", since vanilla XP doesn't include the AHCI driver necessary.

Install XP and update to SP3, then install the appropriate Lenovo drivers and apps: Product: Laptops & netbooks - IdeaPad Z570 it looks like there is a full set of XP drivers available.

Once you are up and running you should be able to install the Intel ACHI driver (from that page) and switch the HDD mode to AHCI if you prefer.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

lalitpalve
Paper Tape
Views: 2,492
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to install xp Professional sp3 but the screen turned blue.so i changed SATA mode from ACHI to IDE to install xp the process worked out and i did not get blue screen but latter on after checking cd for errors and choosing partition for xp I got error like below while copying of windows files  I choose skip option and then after copying files my Laptop restarted but did not go ahead of boot screen.Also I could not use windows 7 on IDE mode so I changed again the SATA mode to ACHI then I was able to use windows 7 .I also have tried the same with other cd of xp (student edition) but i got same problem.

Moderator Note: oversized image converted to link, per forum rules: Lenovo Community Participation Rules

Z

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors